Chris Montez and the Crystals show @ Twin Towns

Last Friday April 27th I went to Twin Towns to see legendary American singer Chris Montez as well as legendary American girl group the Crystals and the All Stars the Melbourne Rock and Roll group and it was my second time seeing the Crystals as I saw them at Kedron Wavell on Saturday August 1st 2015 with the All Stars and Ray Burgess but it was my first time seeing Chris Montez. I went to the venue where I saw steak, chips and salad for dinner, went to the 5th floor, ate Chocolate, went in the showroom, saw my friend Lynn from rockabilly which I saw at dinner and met my Facebook friend Tyler who I saw at the Go Show concert last year. The show started @ about 8.30pm with the All Stars including Ian B Allen on bass, Barry Roy from the Henchmen and Jigsaw on guitar and on drums Graeme "Trotta" Trottman from Normie Rowe and the Playboys coming on stage which they did an set of rock and roll written by people like Gerry Goffin and Carole King, Neil Sedaka, Otis Blackwell and Jerry Lordan etc and did an great set with great sax playing by Graeme Broomfield and then Chris Montez which he did an great set which he did an mixture of his hits including Let's Dance and the More I See You as well as Ritchie Valens, Chuck Berry,The Beatles, Freddy Fender and Eric Clapton songs as well as walking through the audience as well as some of the ladies coming to him to kiss them and it was an FANTASTIC set. There was an interval which he had CD's and photos for sale and I got an autograph and an photo, drank Coke Zero, went back inside and spoke to a lady sitting next to me which she told me about seeing Nina Simone. The Crystals with original member Dee Dee Kennibrew, Melsoultree and Patricia Pritchett Lewis came on stage which they did an FANTASTIC set doing their 60's hits as well as doing bit of Sam & Dave, Martha and the Vandellas and other girl singers as well as getting the crowd entertained singing along to the songs and as well as being called cousins which it's great to see as well as the humour and they looked get in their black dresses. The show finished at about 11.10pm, saw Trotta which I got an photo with him, bought an CD and photo, Melsoultree recognised me from the show @ Kedron Wavell as well as the other two, got autograph and photo, bought the Betty McQuade CD which the man who was selling the CD recognised me from the shows and walk back to Greenmount Resort. It was an FANTASTIC show with FANTASTIC rock and roll by the All Stars, Chris Montez and the Crystals and great singing and FANTASTIC entertainment by true legends of rock whose songs have stood the test of time as well as an FANTASTIC job by the All Stars backing up the artists and I had an great time and I do hope they come back again soon. Let's appreciate rock and roll survivors Set List- The All Stars- That's Rock and Roll Oh Carol Don't Be Cruel Tequila Stuck On You Locomotion All Shook Up Save The Last Dance For Me Wonderful Land Apache Great Balls Of Fire Chris Montez- Some Kind Of Fun(1962) Come On Let's Go Call Me(1965) Donna La Bamba Before the Next Teardrop Falls Kansas City And I Love Her Johnny Be Goode Wonderful Tonight The More I See You(1966) Let's Dance (1962) The Crystals- Chapel Of Love Da Do Ron Ron(1963) Then He Kissed Me(1963) He's Sure the Boy I Love(1962) Rescue Me Be My Baby/He's So Fine/Dedicated To the One I Love Boogie Woogie Beagle Boy Hold On I'm Comin Dancing In The Street Heat Wave Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow He's A Rebel(1962)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015