John Schumann and the Vagabond Crew @ Kedron Wavell

This afternoon I went to Kedron Wavell to see legendary Australian singer-songwriter and Redgum member John Schumann and the Vagabond Crew which was my second time seeing John as my first time seeing him was at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre for the Countdown Spectacular 2 Tuesday August 21st 2007. Dad picked me up from church, took me to Cannon Hill, caught bus to the city, went to the bus stop, caught bus to Chermside and walk to Kedron Wavell. Went to the Café, rang home, had Fettuccini Garlic Prawn for lunch, drank Coke Zero, had brownie sundae for desert, saw Paula who works there, went to the Blue Pacific Room and write notes. The show started @ 2pm with John Schumann and the Vagabond Crew coming on stage which matching army shirts with John Nutting doing the narrating and John performed the songs which among the ones he did in the first set which Anzac Biscuts, On Every Anzac Day, Khe Sahn, the classic I was Only 19 and finished off the set with Waltzing Matilda as well as John S introducing the band members as well as John Nutting. There was an interval where I bought 3 of John's CD's and I ate an packet of chips and drinking Coke Zero. The second set started with John and the band coming back on stage wearing black shirts and did a second set doing an mixture of solo and Redgum songs including Poor Ned, Face In the Streets, I've Been Bali too as well as John telling stories which was very good as well as very funny too. The show finished before 4.20pm with Long Run, John came out to sign CD's as well as an vinyl album which an young lady had, I got the CD's signed as well as an photo, caught bus back to the city, went to the bus stop, rang home, caught bus, got off @ Camp Hill and walk home. It was an FANTASTIC show which everyone who were there enjoyed it including myself and John is still sounding great and playing great better than ever as well as the band were great too with great players. I hope John comes back to Brisbane again soon and he certainly an great show today with stories, songs and humour.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015