Greazefest 2022

Last Sunday July 31st I went to the Greazefest rockabilly festival at the Cleveland Showgrounds which it was my first time there in 3 years due to covid and I was due to go there last year but because of the lockdown I couldn't go. I caught the 9.47am bus as I had just missed the 8.47am bus, got off at Cleveland and walk to the showgrounds. The first Band I saw on stage was Lovejoy Surf with Kylie on bass, her dad Arnold on lead guitar and brother Jeff and they did an AWESOME set doing the instrumentals of the Shadows, the Ventures, The Atlantics, The Chantays and versions of Friday on My Mind and Call Me which sounded great too with great guitar playing by Arnold who has been around the Brisbane music scene since 1959 as well as great playing by Kylie and Jeff as well as the drummer. Saw Lorraine, Tyler and Kay from Bay FM 100.3, had a look at the Sonic Sherpa Stand where I bought records and saw Eileen. Dezzie D and the Stingrayz came on next which they did an FANTASTIC set doing covers of song by Brenda Lee, Ruth Brown, Little Willie John and others with great singing done by Dezzie and great playing by the other guys including the horn players which sounded so great and I had an bit of dance. Saw Tracey, had Nachos for lunch, drank Coke Zero, met Dezzie D which I thanked her for the show and got an photo with her, there was an pin up parade hosted by Ange Bettie Butcher and Saw Ray and Jeff. Watch Scotty Baker which he did an FANTASTIC set doing mainly original songs including Hank's Cadillac as well as an ELvis Presley song Trying To Get To You, saw Laura and Marty which I had an photo with Laura, took photos of the cars, saw Nicki, Ben, Tricia, Chrissie, Shauna (ex St Andrews) and her fiance Dawson, bought posters, saw Jessica and met Jackie. Left around 3.10pm, went to Petrol Station, bought Ice Cream and Coke Zero, went to bus stop, ate Ice Cream, drank COke Zero, waited and Craig who I have met at Greazefest took me to the bus stop near the hotel. Waited, caught bus, rang home, got off at Caridnale, drank Pepsi Max and walk home. It was FANTASTIC and AWESOME with an great vibe and people getting together enjoying themselves and having an great time, The acts were AWESOME and FANTASTIC and the cars were FANTASTIC. A Big Thank you should go to Lori Lee for putting this together and it was great being back there after 3 years which I missed it . I look forward to coming back there next year and to those who have not been Greazefest do yourselves an FAVOUR and GO which you will love it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015