the Delltones concert Mt Gravatt Bowls CLub Friday september 4th 2009

I













On Friday september 4th went to see the australia singing group The Delltones @ Mt Gravatt Bowls Club in Mt Gravatt and it was an FANTASTIC show. this is my 6th time seeing the group which my first time seeing them on friday April 8th 1994 @ Southbank Piazza with my mum Cathy who actually and in the last 2 years I have seen them 5 more times which they always put on an FANTASTIC show as well as meeting both Pee Wee Wilson and Danny Mayers who's been the lead singer the since the 80's on and off which i got photos with them. My dad drove me to Mt gravatt the friday night which it was the week i turned 31 and after I arrived I bought the live CD Bopa Doo Wop live in concert which i saw Carla (pee Wee's wife and Manager) and asked about the live DVD that they did in Melbourne last year which she told me that it will be out next month and also met a few people on my table including an guy called Ian and also barry and his wife whom i met @ Coolangatta tweed golf club in june and the first set had the guys doing the songs that influenced the group including why do fools fall in love, ole man river, sixteen tons, ghost riders in the sky, come and go with me, all shook up etc playing acoustic wearing ties on stage. The second set was the rock'n'roll set which they did 3 of their famous 60's hits Hangin Five which danny and pee wee did the stomp, Come A Little Bit CLoser and Get A Little Dirt on Your hands which Pee wee mentions being the very last recording for the late Noel Widerberg who was the original lead singer of the group and was tragically killed in a car accident on july 7th 1962, papa oom mow mow, she's my baby, since i don't have you, get a job and finished off the shows a medley of rocknroll songs and I got to say that the show was just FANTASTIC & BRILLIANT with very humour which pee wee said like " the King of Rock''nroll pat Boone", mentioning "Gimme Love" that it went to no 47 in the top 40", doing shout he jokingly said about jimmy barnes being johnny O'keefe's illegitimate son and about barbara ann saying it was in the NZ charts for 25 years & & also fine singing and playing by the guys . the biggest thrill came after the show when i saw danny mayers partner whom she had seen me at the shows which we got chatting and then took me backstage to meet the other guys which pee wee remembered me and danny did as well which we spoke about stuff like asking pee wee about the delltones projects which he mentioned the dvd, iasked about any more 60's recordings coming out on CD which he said it might happend next year and also was amazed that i knew some of their early stuff including gee, every little thing that i do as well as aking about the other original members which he told me that the he does'nt see Brian Perkins as there was a legal case many years ago, still speaks to warren Lucas and col Loughnan who replaced Noel widerberg teaches music and plays jazz, spoke with Merv Dick which i asked him about playing Lonnie Lee as I knew he played with him years ago, spoke some with owen booth which i knew he was in a group in the 70's Aesope's Fables and I asked about what are the members doing these days which he told me that one of the members had just passed away recently and spoke with woody and danny and also got autographs and photos which i was so thrilled. It was just so awesome going backstage meeting the guys and getting photos and autographs and it's something that i will never forget. I will look forward to see the group again and if anyone wants to see them check them out which they put on great entertainment and a FANTASTIC show

set 1
rama lama DIng Dong/pretty little angel eyes/book of Love
come go with me
mr bassman
sixteen tons
ghost riders in the sky
old man river
hello marylou
great pretender/it's Only make believe/Silouhettes/Crying
Why Do Fools fall In Love
Little darlin
Sha Boom/A White Sportscoat and a Pink Carnation/Diana/Volare/Singing the Blues/Jezebel
All Shook Up
Set 2
Gimme Love
Hanging Five
Come A Little Bit Closer
Get A Little Dirt On Your Hands
She's my baby
Blue Moon
Duke Of Earl
Get A Job
Sixty Minute Man
Since I Don't have You
Papa Oom Mow Mow
Let There be Drums
What I'd Say
Shout
Rock'n'Roll Music/rave On/Johnny be Goode/Jailhouse Rock/Runaway/Chantilly lace/ Da Do Ron Ron/Runaround Sue/Rockin RObin/Barbara Ann/Shake Rattle and Roll

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015