Dusty and Friends show @ Kedron-Wavell











On Sunday November 21st me and my Mum Cath went to see Sharon Rowntree doing the Dusty & Friends show @ Kedron-Wavell Services Club which it was FANTASTIC. I had seen Sharon live twice @ Kedron-Wavell for the Rock'N'Roll Spectacular on SUnday october 25th last year and August 29th this year and the Shake Rattle and Roll show @ Twin Towns show on June 9th this year during Wintersun. But it was the first time I had seen the Dusty and Friends show and Sharon was just AWESOME doing those songs from Dusty Springfield as well as the other artist. This show was a present for Mum whose birthday was on Monday which i wanted to take her there and she enjoyed it too. Before the show I saw an lady called Karen who knows my friend Kimberley Webb whom I've known since pre school in 1983. The show started at 2pm with Sharon doing Dusty Springfield, Cilla Black, Nancy Sinatra and Lulu which in between Cilla and Nancy the back up did "my Girl" and when Sharon was doing 24 Hours from Tulsa 2 guys named Bob and Tech went on stage which they wore long blond wigs and it was very interesting. In the 2nd half Sharon did the Supremes,Sandie Shaw, Petula Clark,Janis Joplin and Dusty Springfield and in between The Supremes and Sandie the back up band did "It Doesn't Matter Anymore which the show finished after 4pm with Sharon doing Goin back (Dusty's UK top 10 hit in 1966 and no 89 US hit for the Byrds in 1967).the back up band were just Great and played GREAT. The back up singer Abbie and Jessica (Sharon's Daughter) were just as GREAT doing the singing and the movements as well as Sharon being funny and would walk through the audience. Met Sharon after the show which I got a photo with her and saw Russell Bayne the guitarist. It was an great afternoon out and I highly recommend it for anyone who wants to see great music of the 60's live This is the one.
Setlist November 21st 2010
set 1-
(Dusty Springfield) I Only Want To be With You
Wishin and Hopin
I close My Eyes and Count to ten
24 Hours From Tulsa
Little By Little
I Just Don;t Know What to Do With myself
(cilla Black)-Anyone Who had A Heart
Alfie
You're my World
(Nancy Sinatra) These Boots Are Made For Walkin
(Lulu) To Sir With Love
Boom Bang A Bang
Shout

Set 2
(the Supremes)- Aint No Mountain high Enough/Stop in The Name Of Love/You Can't Hurry love/baby Love/Why Do Fools Fall in Love
(Sandie Shaw)-There is Always Something to Remind Me/Long Live Love/Puppet On A String
(Petula Clark)-This Is My Song
I Know A Place
Downtown
Don't Sleep in the Subway
Colour My World
(janis Joplin)- Mercedenz Benz
Me and Bobby McGee
(Dusty Springfield)-Son Of A Preacher Man
Stay Awhile
You Don't Have to Say you love Me
Dancing In The Street
Goin Back

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015