Carol Lloyd show @ Wynnum RSL Club

Last Sunday November 29th I went to the Wynnum RSL Club to see legendary Brisbane singer Carol Lloyd which it was my first time seeing her. Dad took me to Cannon Hill from my cousin's place in Carina as I had been visiting which it was his birthday, caught a bus to Wynnum and walk to the RSL. Bought a Choclate Crunch, went upstairs,bought @ CD's and a poster, rang home, ate Crunch, and had a Coke to drink. The show started after 4.30pm with Carol Lloyd coming on stage which she did 2 sets as she performed songs from Railroad Gin and the Carol Lloyd Band as well as covers and Laurel Edwards from 4KQ sang with Carol on one song as well as doing an duet with her guitarist as well as telling stories as well as mention Ken Brown(Brownie) who recommended the club to have her play there and also mentioned there will be a book coming out and also in the audience besides from Laurel Edwards and Brownie was troy Casser Daley. The show finished around 6.35pm, went to the table which Dad rang me to tell me to get home straight away as there was an storm happening, Carol Lloyd came out to sign autographs which I got 2 CD's and a poster and got a photo with her, walk to the train station, caught the train to Cannon Hill, pick up my Mum from my cousin's place, stop @ Red Rooster at Cannon Hill and came home which I had chicken and chips for dinner. It was an FANTASTIC show which everyone had an great time including myself and Carol still sounds great and still singing great too and the back up band were FANTASTIC which included 2 musicians who played with her in the Carol Lloyd in the 70's. I look forward to see Carol again soon and to those who have not seen her live do yourself a favour and see her as she is an true legend of the Brisbane music scene. Set 1- Do You Love Me You Told The World Come Together You've Lost That Lovin Feelin Cup Of Coffee Dirty Work Blue McKenzie You Don't Have To Say You Love Me Set 2- Intro Work Come and See Me After the Rain Take It Or Leave it Stone In My Soul Still Water Back Streets All The Good Things A Matter Of Time Ruby Tuesday Whole Lotta Love

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015