End Of Year Rockabilly Party @ greenslopes Bowls Club

On Saturday December 12th I went to the Greenslopes Bowls Club to attend the End Of Year Rockabilly Party show put together by Lori Lee and the 2 bands that were playing that night were Miss Teresa and Her Rhythmaires and the Hi Boys. I had an busy day as I went to see my Nana's cousin Ruth with Mum and Dad took me to Greenslopes Bowls Club. I had steak, ships and Salad for dinner, drank Coke, paid $20.00, read Carly Simon book which I finished after 5 days, did writing, talked with others and took 1 photo. The show started after 8pm with Miss Teresa and Her Rhyhtmaires with Dan on guitar and Paulie Burke on Double Bass which they did 2 sets as they performed original stuff as well as covers with great singing by Teresa and great guitar playing by Dan who is in the Brisbane Rockabilly Scene one of the best guitar players with Rupert Jenner and during there was an Interval which I met Jeff Lovejoy(Kylie's brother and Arnold's son)as well as having an Coke Zero after Miss Teresa's Second Set. The Hi Boys came on Stage next which they did 2 sets as they performed original songs as well as some covers and in the second set they wore christmas hats and other things and there was an raffle which Lorraine and Tracey picked the ticket and also Dan played with them on one song on pedal steel. I left at about 11pm which Dad picked me up, stopped @ IGA Greenslopes where I recharged my phone and getting an Coke Life and came home. It was an FANTASTIC show which everyone had a great time including myself and the bands were just FANTASTIC and also I saw Karen,Paulie,Lori,Lyn,Eileen,Graham, Lorraine, Sheri,Vicki, Laura,Lawrie, Tracey, Teresa,Dan, Kylie Lovejoy, Jade,Kelly,Ben,Allan,Reena & Nikki and met Jennifer, Jeff Lovejoy and Laura Ann. Thanks to Lori Lee for putting this show together and doing an great job as always which always goes very well. I look forward to see more of shows next year starting with Redlands Rockabilly show on March 13th 2016. Miss Teresa and Her Rhythmaires- Set 1- Back To You Have Myself A Ball Time To Love Start Rockin If You Think Chase Me Baby Wham Bam Jam Set 2- Cry Weak In the Knees Someday I Know He Will Since I Found You Little Bit Mixed Up My Feet Mercy The Hi Boys- set 1- Blue Moon Rising Why Me Mary Lou Boss Man Hey There Mama Crazy Crazy Lovin an song I Did'nt know instrumental Wanna Make Love To You Set 2- Baby Let's Play House Hey Hey Hey Milk Cow Blues

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015