Dean Vegas @ Wynnum RSL

On Saturday August 11th I went to the Wynnum RSL to see Elvis tribute performer Dean Vegas which it was my 7th time as I saw last saw him @ Coolangatta Tweed Golf Club in Tweed Heads during Cooly Rocks On Saturday June 10th 2017. I caught the train from Cannon Hill to Wynnum Central, walk to Wynnum RSL, renew membership, waited, Saw my rockabilly friend Ursula, Robyn who I was going to the show with and my old school friend Michael Baldwin with his mum, went inside, Had Spaghetti Bolognaise for dinner, ate bread and drank Coke Zero. Went upstairs, met Victoria and Melissa and talked. The show started @ about 8pm with the back up band doing 2 songs and then Dean Vegas came out wearing the black leather gear which the comeback special one and in the first set he did most of the 50's and 60's period as well as walking through the audience kissing the ladies as well as shaking the hands and during Little Egypt a lady from the audience came on the stage to do the movement and also Amanda and there was an interval which I spoke with Michael and had an Coke Zero to drink. Then the second set stated which Dean did the 60's and 70's wearing the white gear during the Vegas years which he wore the glasses in the early part of the set and continue entertaining the crowd as well as getting them to sing along. The show finished at about 10.40pm,met Stan Lenz from the Brisbane rock group the Five, rang Dad, talked, got an photo with Dean as well as my friend Michael, went down stairs, saw Dad , drank Coke Zero, ate snicker, stop @ Maccas and came home. it was an FANTASTIC show which everyone had a great time including myself and Dean was FANTASTIC with great entertainment as well as great humour as well as doing the Elvis songs so well and the back up band were FANTASTIC which I look forward to see him again soon which if you have not seen him live do yourselves an favour and SEE HIM as you should enjoy hearing those great Elvis songs which you can go to deanvegas.com set 1- Viva Las Vegas All Shook Up Return To Sender Frankfurt Special Love Me Tender Hound Dog Teddy bear In the Ghetto Little Egypt Love Me Polk Salad Annie Jailhouse Rock Set 2- See See Rider Burning Love Unchained Melody Little Sister It's Now Or Never Let me Be There My babe Moody Blue Always On My Mind Can't Help Falling In Love Johnny Be Goode Suspicious Minds American Trilogy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015