The Fortunes @ Kedron Wavell

Last night I went to Kedron Wavell Services Club to see legendary British 60's group the Fortunes which it was my first time seeing them live and I never saw them when Rod Allen original member of the group was with them which he passed away in 2008 and the line up that are performing are Michael Smitham on guitar and vocals who has been with them since 1983, Eddie Mooney from the Dakotas on bass and vocals since 2007, Glenn Taylor from Marmalade on drums and vocals since 2010 and Bob Jackson from Badfinger since 1995 on keyboards and vocals but he is not on the Australian tour so Toni Baker from the Dakotas is on keyboards and vocals. I caught the bus from Cannon Hill to Chermside, walk to Kedron Wavell, went to the café, rang home, ordered Nachos and bought an glass of coke. I had Nachos for dinner, drank Coke, ate Fundae, went up to the Blue Pacific Room where I saw Paula who works there, use mobile, saw Elaine and Natalie and had an look at my pad. The show started @ 8pm with the Fortunes coming out on stage and peformed an 1 hour and 30 minute set doing the classic Fortunes hits from the 60s's and 70's including Here It Comes Again, Storm In A Teacup, Freedom Come Freedom Go, You've Got Your Troubles etc as well as Marmalade song as well as Billy J Kramer and The Dakotas as well as classic songs by Gene Pitney, The Everly Brothers, The Temptations, The Four Tops and others as well as telling some stories about their careers with other bands as well as well as other singers they worked with and also Eddie did most of the lead vocals with Michael doing some as well as Glenn doing 1 and Toni 2 which it's great. The show finished at about 9.30pm, they came out as they were selling CD's which I bought one as getting them signed and having an photo with them, went down stairs, had Coke Zero, saw Dad and came home. It was an FANTASTIC show which everyone had an great time including myself and the Fortunes sounded and playing great doing those great classic songs that has stood the test of time as well as getting the crowd entertained with humour and getting the crowds to sing along and I look forward to see them again soon. Set List- Here It Comes Again(1965) I Don't Know What To Do With Myself Storm In A Teacup (1972) Crying In The Rain You're My World The Eyes Of Jenny Here Comes That Rainy Day Feeling(1971) Seasons In The Sun I'm Gonna Be Strong Falling Apart At The Seams Walk Away Renee More Than I Can Say Bad To Me Freedom Come Freedom Go(1971) Caroline(1964) Great Balls Of Fire Route 66 The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore You've Your Troubles(1965) My Girl I Can't Help Myself Twist and Shout

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015