Hermans Hermits @ Redlands Performing Arts Centre

Tonight (August 17th) I went to see the legendary British 60's group Hermans Hermits @ the Redlands performing Arts Centre and it was my 14th time seeing them . I caught the train from Cannon Hill to Cleveland, pick up my ticket, went to the Cleveland Sands Hotel, had Chicken Parmigina with chips and salad for dinner and an Diet Coke to drink. Went back to the Performing Arts Centre, went inside and waited. The show started at 6pm with Hermans Hermits with original member Barry Whitwam on drums, Geoff Foot on bass guitar and vocals, Paul Cornwell on lead guitar and vocals and Tony Hancox who has been with them since last year on keyboards and vocals came on stage and for the next 2 hours they did 2 sets doing the classic Hermans Hermits from the 60's as well as other classic rock and pop songs as well as Barry doing Let There be Drums and also Barry talking about meeting Elvis Presley as well as the American tour with the Who in 1967 and also did some HH hits they had not done like Hold On the title track from the 1966 movie they did as well as having the interval where there was CD's, tea towels and mugs where I saw Geoff's wife Sharon which I bought the tea towel and having an cookie and an Diet Coke for a snack and also everyone singing along to the songs as well as me getting an mention when Geoff saying about me being in the audience as they have known me for years . The show finished at about 8.15pm , went outside, the group came out to sign stuff as well as getting photos with the fans which I got tea towel signed as well as getting an photo with Geoff and Barry as well as saying hello to the guys as well, went to the bus stop, caught bus, got off @ Carindale and came home which Dad picked me up. It was an FANTASTIC show which everyone had an great time including myself and the group sounded and played great doing those songs which they get better and better every time I see them and entertaining the crowd to sing along to the songs as well as great humour and they are well worth seeing live. It's great to see them to start at an early time which keeps it interesting and I look forward to see them again in 2019 as it will be 55 years when they came on the scene. If you have not seen the group do yourselves an favour and see them which you should enjoy it as it's a trip down memory lane to the golden era of rock and roll in the 60's and you will be amazed too. Thanks Barry, Geoff, Paul and Tony for coming. Set 1- Silhouettes(1965) Can't You Hear My Heartbeat(1965) Love Potion Number 9 Mrs Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter(1965) Years May Come Years May Go(1970) A Must To Avoid(1966) My Sentimental Friend(1969) Jezebel Hold On (1966) Dandy(1966) Leaning On A Lamp Post(1966) Poetry In Motion/Oh Carol/Dream Lover/Diana/Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow Runaround Sue Set 2- Just A Little Bit better(1965) Listen People(1966) Something's happening(1969) Sleepy Joe(1968) Wonderful World(1965) Sunshine Girl(1968) I Can't Take Or Leave Your Loving(1968) That's Life Let There be Drums End Of The World Sea Cruise You never Can Tell Let's Dance/Come On Everybody No Milk Today(1966) I'm into Something Good(1964) There's A Kind Of Hush(1967) I'm Henry The VII I Am(1965)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015