Greazefest 2018

On Sunday August 5th I went to the Cleveland Showgrounds for the rockabilly festival Greazefest and it was also 10 years when I first went there when it was at South Leagues Club @ Westend. I caught the bus to Cleveland, walk to the show grounds, paid ticket, rang home, took photos and I had an look at record sale. The first group coming on was Jon Flynn's Knight of Sin and they did an AWESOME set doing an mixture of covers including Three Cool Cats(The Coasters), Gee(The Crows and later the Delltones), Aint Got No Home (Clarence Gatemouth Brown)and some originals with great guitar playing by Rupert, great bass playing by Jon and great drumming by Junior Hickey and there was an interval where I saw Kay from bay FM 100.3 as well as seeing Kelly and Ben as well as meeting Gavin. The next act were Lovejoy Surf Band with legendary Brisbane guitarist Arnold Lovejoy with son Jeff on guitar and daughter Kylie on bass which they did an AWESOME set doing the great instrumental classics by the Shadows, Duane Eddy, The Atlantics, The Ventures and others with great guitar playing by Arnold as well as great playing by Jeff and Kylie and Kylie mentioned that they are recording an CD at the moment. After their set I went to buy records, watch the Kerion McDonald Combo performing which they did an AWESOME set with mainly originals as well as covers with the great playing and had Nachos for lunch. Watch the Pin Up Parade which the ladies on stage looked great, saw Chris Knight who does the Buddy holly tribute show and my Facebook friend Tyler which I met his girlfriend Lee Anne and Chris' girlfriend Tina who was working back stage and watched Stripped Black from Melbourne which they were AWESOME doing covers and originals with great playing by the guys and Matt mentioned his birthday on stage. Had a look around, caught up with some of the people I know, buying records and taking photos including some of me taken with friends. I left at about 3.30pm to get the bus back to Carindale and Dad picked me up to go home. It was AWESOME with AWESOME music and AWESOME cars and everything and an great event that happens every August which it's getting better and better as the years go buy as well as great for families including kids to check this out which I'm sure they will get into Rockabilly in years to come and continue the tradition. I had an great time hearing the music and looking at the cars and the stalls and in my going to Greazefest throughout 10 years even though it has moved to different areas it has maintained what it is with an AWESOME atmosphere and an great vibe that it's still there after 19 years and also throughout Greazefest that I have many wonderful people there who I call friends which I am grateful for that. I want to say an AWESOME job well done to Lori Lee who puts it together every year and without someone like Lori where would Greazefest be today as it's been going for 19 years and it's great to see the interest in it is still there which it's wonderful so Thank You Lori. I look forward to Greazefest 2019 as it will be 20 years since it started and it will be an big celebration for that I'm Sure so I look forward to going there to be an part of it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015