Gladys Knight @ the Brisbane Convention Centre

Tonight I went to the Brisbane Convention Centre to see the iconic American soul Singer Gladys Knight which was my first time. I caught the bus to South Bank from Carindale, went to the Plough Inn, rang Dad but left an message, ordered my meal, bought Pepsi max and used my mobile. Had Nachos for dinner, drank Pepsi Max, went to the Food Court, had Movie Bowl Sundae for desert and walk to the Convention Centre. waited around, asked an lady about merchadise which there wasn't and had a look at my ticket which she offered me an ticket to seat on the floor are which I accepted it, saw Kylie who use to work with me at St Andrews, her mum Hem who still does work at St Andrews which she told me that she was going to the show tonight and met 2 other ladies who came with them, bought Pepsi Max, drank it, went through Door 4, use mobile and wrote notes. The show started at 7.30pm with local singer-songwriter Chloe styler coming on stage which she mainly did her songs and did an version of the Fleetwood Mac song Dreams which she did an very good set as it was just her and her guitar and there was an interval which I ate chips and drank Pepsi max which an lady took 2 of my chips, went back inside and use my mobile. Gladys Knight came out at about 8.30pm to an huge applause and for the next hour and 10 minutes performed her classic hits from the 60's and 70's as well as the song from the James Bond movie Licensed to Kill as well as connecting with the audience as well as entertaining them and there was an child in the audience which she spoke to which was amazing.as well having an great back up band with the guitarist playing great as well as the backing vocalist who sounded great and singing beautifully. The show ended at 9.43pm, walk to the bust top, caught bus, rang Dad, got off at Carindale, Dad picked me up and came home. It was an FANTASTIC show which Gladys Knight still sounding great at age 79 80 on may 28th as well as still belting the classic hits which she did it so well and getting the crowded entertained which was great to see and everyone enjoyed themselves which I know I did too and as this is her farewell tour I am so glad that I got to see the legendary singer live which I will never forget it. Set List- The Nitty Gritty(1969) Yes We Can Every Beat Of My Heart(1961) Daddy Could Swear I Declare Best Thing That Ever Happend To me(1974) Oh What Love I Have Found Licence to Kill(1989) I Don't Want To Know(1994) I've Got To Use My Imagination(1973) I heard It Through The Grapevine (1967) Neither One Of Use Want to Say Goodbye(1972) The Way We Were(1975) Worship Medley Midnight Train To Georgia(1973)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015