Hermans Hermits @ Kedron Wavell

Yesterday afternoon I went to Kedron Wavell to see the legendary British group Hermans Hermits which it was my 15th seeing them and I had not seen them live for nearly 6 years since Friday August 17th 2018 at Redlands Performing Arts Center. I caught the bus from the city to Chermside, had an look at Dymocks where I bought an book by Billy Connolly and QBD and walk to Kedron Wavell. Went to the Kitchen, saw Maggie, Lorriane and Sue, rang home,ordered my meal, got Coke with No sugar and did writing. Had Spagetthi Amatriciana for lunch, ate Sundae, drank Coke with No Sugar, did writing which I had another Coke with No Sugar and went to the Blue Pacific Room. Had an Coke with No Suagr to drink and did writing. The show started at 3.05pm with Hermans Hermits that has original member Barry Whitwam on Drums, Jamie Thurston on bass guitar and vocals since 2020, John Summerton on guitar and Vocals since 2023 and on keyboards and guitar Tony Young who has played with Gerry and The Pacemakers who are now Gerry's Pacemakers started off with I'm Into Something Good as we all know that launched them on the music scene 60 years this year as well as performing the others from the 60's as well as songs by the Beatles and the Rolling Stones as well as Barry spoke on the stage which he talked about meeting Elvis Presley in hawaii in 1965 and about the movies they did in the 60's which they performed the title track from the movie Hold On which Barry got the ladies to scream during parts of the songs. There was an interval where I saw Graham(Matthew's Uncle), bought Coke COke With No Sugar and Chips and also the CD and program that the group were selling at the table outside and use mobile. The show resumed with Barry doing the drum solos with Let There Be Drums and the group performed more of their classic hits as well as songs by the Who, The Tremeloes, Jerry Lee Lewis and the Doobie Brothers and Barry told a story about touring America with the Who in 1967 as well as having an joint 21st birthday party with Keith Moon. The show finished at about 5.05pm and the people going to the table to buy the CD and program which the group to signed stuff as well as getting photos which I saw Maggie, Lorraine, Sue, Graham, Faye and Jenny from work and eventually I got my things signed and getting photos. Walk to the bus stop, rang home, caught bus to the city, bought coke with No Sugar went to the bus stop and drank coke with no sugar. Cuaght bus, Dad rang, I rang Dad, got off at Carindale and Dad took me home. It was an FANTASTIC show which was packed and everyone had an great time including myself as well as the group played and sounded great doing those great songs which has stood the test of time and still sounding great as they did back then as you can never get tired of these songs. They an 7pm show last night as well and I hope they come back again next year as they are worth seeing live and if you have not seen them Please do yourselves an favour and SEE THEM which you will be impressed and amazed. Set 1- I'm Into Something Good(1964) Love Potion Number 9 Silhouettes(1965) Wonderful World (1965) Mrs Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter(1965) My Sentimental Friend(1969) Dandy(1966) Leaning On A Lamp Post(1966) Hold On (1966) I Feel Fine It's All Over Now Years May Come Years May Go(1970) Runaround Sue You Won't be Leaving (1966) Set 2- Let There Be Drums Sunshine Girl(1968) I Can't Explain Something Is Happening (1969) Sleepy Joe(1968) Just A Little Bit Better(1965) A Must To Avoid(1966) Can't You Hear My Heartbeat(1965) No Milk Today(1966) Here Comes My Baby Whole Lotta Shakin Goin On Listen To The Music There's A Kind Of Hush I'm Henry VIII I Am (1965)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015