Eric Haydock's Hollies show @ kEDRON-wAVELL Friday June 23rd 2000


The Hollies being inducted into the Rock'n'roll Hall of Fame on March 15th this year made me think about the one and only time so far I have seen an member of the Hollies live which it was original bass player Eric Haydock with his group Eric Haydock's Hollies. I bought the ticket at Kedron-Wavell on saturday May 20th and the show was on Friday june 23rd as it was my 2nd visit to Kedron-Wavell as the first was Eric Burdon and the NEw Animals. i remember 2 days later on monday may 22nd on Good Morning Australia Eric Haydock was interviewed by bert Newton and his group did Too Young to be Married which they sounded really good. I remember friday june 23rd very well as I was at work that day at St Andrews War memorial Hospital which I had been there for 10 months at that stage as I did Thursdays & Fridays but that week I did 3 days as Vernora who was the mail lady before BETH had an sore knee amd I was really forward to the show that night. Went to kedron-Wavell with Mum & Dad and the group came on stage which they were on for an hour and a half which they were very good and had an really good sense of humour. As I look back at that time 10 years ago it was an experience to see an member of the hollies and I did'nt know at that time that there been an issue about eric haydock using the Hollies name but it does'nt matter to me now as I enjoyed the show and I hope he comes back to Australia with an group called the Hitmen which includes Mick Avory of the Kinks and Martin lyon Of Love Affair). 3 musicians who played in Eric Haydock's Hollies had been in other bands-Peter Hughes and Mick Carrol had been in an group called Ritzi who had the song "Too Much Fandago" and Graeme Pollock played in an group called cavern and did an stint in the Mindbenders.
Setlist for eric Haydock's Hollies show Friday June 23rd 2000
Just one Look
Stay
Here i go Again
Bus Stop
I'm alive
Look through Any Window
Sorry Suzanne
the air that I Breathe
Stop Stop Stop
We're through
King Midas in Reverse
Too Much Fandango
Too young To Be Married
Gasoline alley Breed
Jennifer eccles
Carrieanne
If I needed Someone
On A Caurosel
Hippy Hippy Shake
Good Golly Miss Molly
Long Cool Woman In a Black dress
He Aint heavy He's My Brother
You Really got Me
I can't let Go
When You walk in the room

Comments

  1. HI ROCKH I was tOUR manageR FOR THAT KEDRON SHOW AND IT IS GOOD TO HEAR FROM SOMEONE WHO Appreciated the boys. I am still in contact with eric And if you'd like to call me My name is dennis 04 6 6 9 1 9 8 9 7

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015