Governor General Visits St Andrews











ON Friday May 7th, the Governor General Quinton bryce came to visit St Andrews to open the new building in the afternoon and it was an honour to see her again as it was 2 years ago when some of staff members including me visited Governement House for a cocktail to celebrated 5o years of st andrews which i met Quinton Bryce when she was the governor. ian ENgland (general manager) said words, then governor general said words as she opened the hospital, Dr Heather Watson,Nellie Dundson(nurse from 5D),Rev Bruce Johnson,richard royle and dr Michael gardner and had an afternoon tea as well as a sausage sizzle. One of the biggest thrill for me about that afternoon was that I had an photo with the governor general as well as cecli(4E) and for it was the experience that I will never ever forget as it's an once in a lifetime thing. I had an wonderful afternoon and I feel proud to be an part of a bit of the hospital history. I left after 5.30pm to go to the movies and had music by a singer called Marco and also I took photos. it has to be one of many highlights of my 11 years @ St Andrews. I also met 2 of Nellie's Sisters that day as she mentioned her sister Jane in the speech as Jane was @ St Andrews from 2000-05, 07

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015