My very first Kedron-Wavell show I attended Eric Burdon & the New Animals Sunday April 9th 2000


It was 10 years last month when I made my first visit to Kedron-Wavell Services and it was Eric Burdon & the New Animals. I remember it was in february 2000 when i saw it in the sunday mail and thought I would like to go and see so on Wednesday February 23rd my dad took to Kedron-Wavell where I bought my ticket. i remember the day Sunday April 9th 2000 really well as I was at Cannon Hill Presbyterian church which I went there at that stage and Ashley Strugnell (my sister Madonna's partner for 11 years and father to Tumoana and Ani) drove me to kedron-wavell in his white truck. I went to the bistro where I had roast Beef,gravy and veges for lunch, went to the blue pacific Room where i bought an poster and waited. Eric Burdon & the New Animals which they were on for more than an hour and a half and they were very good as they had Ansley Dunbar on drums at that time. I did'nt get eric's autograph but it was an experience to see an Legend of 60's British rock and I would like to see him live again if he comes back to Australia in the future. I did'nt know at the time that I would be going reguarly as I am an member there and have been to many more shows there since then. I love Kedron-wavell as it's an great venue and lot of big names play there which what makes it great as well as being one of the popular RSL venues in Brisbane.
Setlist for eric burdon and the new animals Sunday April 9th 2000
Dont Bring Me DOwn
See See Rider
Monterey
It's My Life
When I Was Young
We've gotta Get Out of this place
Don't Let me Be Misunderstood
Boom Boom/Around and Around
Good TImes
Paint it Black
Sky Pilot
House of the Rising Sun

Comments

  1. I was tour manager for that kedron show great to see somebody who appreciated the boys for what they were 0466919897 if you would like a chat

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015