Mt Gravatt High School 50th Anniversary






2 weeks ago on Saturday September 4th I went to the Pacific Golf Club in Carindale for the Mt Gravatt high School's 50th anniversary and it was first in 19 years since late 1991 when I last went to the Golf club which was with Buranda Special School. it was an great night to be there and to be part of this milestone but the downside was that no students from the mid 90's particularly from the i was there in 1996 did'nt come which I can understand it as they have other things to do like having children and other priorities . At least I saw the teachers like Mrs koppenol, Mrs McCready, Mrs Rodgers, Mrs Hay,Mrs Perkins and Mrs Cameron and my friend Claire Mitchell's parents julie and Bill were there as Julie was an student there from 1969-71 and bil was a teacher there. an duo performed which they were very good and had raffles, nibbles and photos which were of people who came in the decades they were there. besides from me an guy called Dave came in the 90's was there and a guy called Tim was the only one from the 2000's. Tim and i cut the cake which it was an honor to have done that and it's an wonderful feeling to be a part of the school's history. I saw a picture of myself,Susanna Lacey, Josh Farquhar, Leanne Briggs, kate Watson and Bo on the slides which was taken on Wednesday November 27th 1996 my very last week at school. I enjoyed the night and I look forward to the 60th anniversary

Comments

  1. does any one know what happened to Susanna Lacey as named above, thanks david brownjohn, mt gravatt SHS 1994-1995 grade 9-10 Mrs Cameron would remember me in detention lol my email dbrownjohn79@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015