Greazefest 2012

On Sunday August 5th I went to the Greazefest Festival at the Rocklea Showgrounds as it was my 5th time going to the Festival. I got to Greazefest around 10am as I caught an bus from Cannon Hill to SOuth Bank and caught an train @ 9.40am to Rocklea which I walked to the showgrounds from the station. The first band I saw were Regular gonzalez which it was my second time seeing them as I saw them @ Hot ROd Twilight show at the ROcklea Showgrounds on Sunday March 18th this year and they were FANTASTIC.
the second band I saw were Paulie and His Crazy rhythm Boys which they were just FANTASTIC too with Dan(Dan and the Dualtones) and Jon FLynn playing with him as well as doing an great set of songs including Pretend and True Love Baby.
I bought 2 vinyl albums Billy Thorpe and the Aztecs I got A Woman from 1968 which it was actually an reissue of an album they did in 1966 called Don't You Dig This Kind Of Beat and the Delltones with the Best of the Delltones from 1964 and watch the fashion parade which was great which the people including Drea and Rhea looked very nice in their dresses and even Mitch was in the parade also and an fellow named Aaron proposed to Melissa which she accepted it.
Had an meat and salad roll for lunch, bought an poster of an Beatles show from may 22nd 1963, walking around, taking photos and saw the Jordan C Thomas Band which they were great and did an great set including 2 Bill Haley numbers.
The people i saw on the day were Ramona, Amanda,Sam Atwill(who i worked with which he is back home in Queensland after going to perth), Gavin from Ten Pin Bowling which I met his dad John, Vicki, Mick, Sarah(Lucille Jolly's sister) and her husband Chris which i saw Violet their daughter, Dan,Jessica,Emma, Bobbie, Kat,Ashleigh, Les, Adele,Paulie, Angi Bettie Butcher, Karen, Mitch and Mimi and met Lauren, Velvet Crush,Ruby and AMy (sam's Wife). I left around 3.50pm to go home and had an FANTASTIC time seeing the bands, the cars and the stalls and it was an FANTASTIC time altogether. I want to say thanks for Lori Lee Cash for putting it together and she does an great job putting it together every year. I look forward to coming back to Greazefest next year and to those who have not been there go there which it's an great time and everything about it are just FANTASTIC.
Regular Gonzalez- Midnight Ramblin Man On the prowl Little Duece Coupe You Never can tell Off Your head Runaway Boys Hi Ho Silver Out of My Mind Sweet Home Chicago Bikini Minnie the Moocher Twenty Flight Rock Paulie and His Crazy Rhythm Boys Say Goodbye Foxy Man Love Me True Petrified Lips Could be the night All I can do is cry Pretend Don't know I was In Just Like Me true Love Baby Sugar Bop Boogie Woman I love Set you Straight Jordan C Thomas Band- Gonna Stay Just one Drink Home Sweet heart Summertime Stormy Weather My Baby Is A Terraducital Thirteen Women Take me back to Acapulco Rip it Up

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015