Wickety Wak That's Rock n Roll Show @ Mt Gravatt Bowls CLub

Last Night August 18th I went to Mt Gravatt Bowls Club to See the Wickety wak guys doing the Rock n Roll Tribute show which it's my 4th time seeing them as well as my 2nd time seeing them this year as I saw the Dooley Rocks Cooley show @ Twin Towns during Cooly Rocks On on Sunday june 10th.Dad took me to the Mt Gravatt Bowls Club which I got there before 6pm as I had been doing ten pin Bowling and went to a friend's birthday party @ Bulimba Bowls CLub in the afternoon. When I arrived @ the club I heard the guys rehearsing and saw them coming to the bar when the door was opened for the People including me to come in and as i was ordering dinner I said hi to Greg Doolan. for dinner I had Beef lasanga,chips and salad for dinner, saw Judy who runs the merchindise stand selling Wickety Wak CD's, DVd's and solo CD's, bought Greg's New CD Cavatina, an CD by greg and Laura, Rob's CD and Tony's CD. met Dave, spoke with an woman who was sitting in the table as i was which she was amazed that I know WIckety Wak, and had an Pepsi max to drink. The show started @ 8pm with Greg,Tony,Rob,Pahnie and Laura coming on stage doing the 1st set of the 1954-57 period from people like ELvis, Bill Haley, Little Richard, Jerry Lee Lewis and others as well as Laura doing 2 songs as well as Greg telling the events of the year as well as what was on @ the Movies and on TV of them and Rob doing the impersonations of certain performers like Alfred Hitchcock, Bugs Bunny, Walter Brennan, Ed Sullivan and others.
There was interval which i had an Pepsi and an packet of chips and the show resumed with the group doing 1959-early 60's stuff from people like Bobby Darin, Connie Francis, the Grease segment, the shadows, Johnny Preston, the four seasons and others as well as Pahnie doing the Twist and Louis Armstrong as well as Laura singing an slower version of I only want to be with you which sounds great doing it as was as the guys doing three bells. The show finished around 10.25pm with the guys finished up with She's My Baby/Shout and after the show the guys come to sign autographs and photos with the fans which I got the CD's signed and photos with them including Laura. The show was just FANTASTIC and Rob,Greg,Tony,Pahnie and Laura were just FANTASTIC too singing great as well as the humor on stage which were so funny and everyone had an great time including myself. To those who have not seen the wak guys go and see them as they put on an FANTASTIC show as well as entertaining the crowds with the music and humor which you will enjoy the show.
set 1- Rock"n"Roll Is HEre to Stay/Jailhouse Rock/At the Hop/Rock Around the Clock/Lucille That's ALright Mama Tennessee Waltz(Laura) The Great Pretender See You Later Alligator Tutti Frutti Love Is A Many Splendoured Thing Heartbreak hotel Long Tall Sally Singing The Bkues I Pull The Twine/Ring Of Fire Blueberry Hill Lost In the 50's Tonight Great Balls Of Fire That'll Be The Day Diana You Send Me(Laura) The Banana Boat Song set 2- Splish Splash Stupid Cupid(laura) Grease Summer Nights Sandy Guitar Boogie Side By Side Three Bells Running Bear Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot bikini I only Want To be With You(Laura) Let's Twist Again Speedy Gonzalez Things Cavatina Hello Dolly Sherry/Stay/Big Girls Don't Cry/Bye Bye Baby She's My baby/Shout

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015