the Avengers @ Easts Leagues Club July 12th 2013

On Friday July 12th I went to East Leagues club to see the group the Avengers which it was my 16th time seeing them as well as my 7th time so far this year. I caught 2 buses to easts which I caught one from Cannon Hill to Carindale and then caught another bus to Coorparoo. I had Nachos for dinner and for desert had chocolate mudcake and ice cream which prior to dinner I saw Roger. The show started @ 7.30pm and for the next 4 hours they did 4 sets of classic songs by the Beatles,Elvis Presley,Buddy Holly,Cliff Richard,an medley of Searchers songs, Jerry lee Lewis,Dire Straits as well as adding songs by Dragon, the Police and and I heard it Through the Grapevine which sounded great and in the 3rd break between sets Mick bought me a bottle of water as well as the line up are the same at the moment with Glenn as Graeme still on holidays. The show finished @ 11.30pm and I thanked the guys which i spoke with ROger about the Old ROckers Get TOgether and the Rock n Roll Spectacular show in October and also caught the cab home. The show was FANTASTIC which everyone had a great time including myself and saw my rockabilly friends Lyn,Alan and Eileen as well as meeting Colin and Rod and also the Avengers will be back @ Easts Leagues CLub on Sunday July 28th. Set 1- Chains Proud MAry The Wanderer/Ruby Baby Rock Around The Clock Great Balls Of Fire Burnin Love My Girl All Shook Up You Never Can Tell Heartbeat/Runaway I could Easily Fall in Love With You/Do You Wanna Dance/Move It/Please Don't Tease Singing The Blues That'll be the Day Come Back Again Johnny Be Goode It's So Easy I Saw Her Standing there Do You Love Me Brown Eyed Girl Set 2- Fly Like A Bird I heard It Through the Grapevine Crazy Little THing Called Love Power Of Love Happy Together Sweets For My Sweet/Don't Throw Your Love Away/When You Walk In the Room/Love Potion No 9/Sugar and Spice/Needles and Pins I can See Clearly now Stuck In the Middle Maggie May set 3- When You Say Nothing At All Every Breathe You Take Massachusetts/To Love Somebody Everybody Talkin Pretty WOman Get back Twistin By The Pool The Twist/Let's Twist Again April Sun In Cuba set 4- Sea Of Heartbreak Under the Boardwalk Sway Young Girl Handle with Care Take It Easy Last Night Don't Stop Already Gone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015