Old Rockers Get Together 2014

On Sunday May 18th I went to the Riverside Ballroom in New Farm for the Old Rockers Get Together which it was my 5th time and it featured Brisbane groups from the 60's which we thought last year was going to be the last one but it came back this year which was put together by Paul Morgan Of Brisbane group Poor Man's Son's, Anna Churchill and Darryl (Curly) Wright of Brisbane groups The Dominoes and the Flamingoes as for 10 years until last year Vance and Toni Lendich organized it with Paul and Barry Schutze of Brisbane group the Corvettes doing the compering. I caught the ferry to New Farm from Norman Park as Dad dropped me off there and I walked to the Riverside Ballroom which I said hello to Mike Steiner from the Dominoes on the way. I paid $10.00, went inside,took 2 photos and had a bottle of Water. The show started @ 11am with the first group the Chelsea Set which has original member Bill Hillman with members from Dimples and Music Machine performing and did an set doing songs rock,blues and an bit of soul which for a few songs guitarist John Henry Clark from the Brisbane group Black Pearl joined on stage which it was an FANTASTIC set, met Len Austin the Sax Player from the Planets and the Sounds Of Seven and got an autograph and a photo with John Henry Clark. the next act on stage were Poor Man's Sons with original members Paul Morgan and Stan and they did an great set doing classic rock stuff by Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Booker T and the MG's and Dion, saw Bobby Richards of the Planets, Len Austin and John Knox which I got Bobby's autograph for Andrew, had Lasanga and chips for lunch and drank Coke Zero. the next act that was on next was Winkles which included Vance Lendich and the Singers were Barry Schutze, Barry larter and ron as well as lead done by Vance and Barry did a duet with Julie whom he sang with in a group called New Image another Brisbane act in the 70's , I met Dick Bentley the original lead singer of the Avengers and Geoff Wilkes of the National Reps which I got autographs and photos, saw Brian Gagen of the Planets, got his and Len's autographs for Andrew and I got an photo with Len. The Dominoes were next on which they did an FANTASTIC set doing an mixture of instrumentals and vocals by Bobby Wilde, had a trivia which I won a scratchee when I answered a question which was about who did Sheila as I knew it was Tommy Roe, got Bill Hillman's autograph and a photo and had a conversation. The Avengers were the next group on stage which they did an FANTASTIC set as they always do doing classic songs from 60's and 70's, had a Coke Zero and had the raffles. The Sonics were the next group on stage which they did an AWESOME set doing the classic Shadows stuff as well as doing Ventures and Atlantics as well and also for the Cliff Richard stuff were done by Johnny Gray who sang with Bob Blight Of the Sonics back in the 60's when they were in the Brisbane group The Flamingoes which also had Darryl from the Dominoes, got a photo with Roy Lynes the original member of Status Quo who lives in Brisbane and Steve Bray of the Brisbane group Dimples who I had a conversation with. The last group on stage for the day were Gingerbread which they did an great set doing classic rock n roll stuff which the show finished after 5.20pm, there was a jam which had some people going on stage playing instruments had a conversation with Robin and Bob of the Sonics, walk to the Ferry, saw Dick from the Avengers who was catching the City Cat, Dad Rang me when I was going on the Ferry, got off at Norman Park, Dad picked me up and came home. It was an AWESOME show which all the groups were just FANTASTIC and AWESOME and everyone had a great time including myself and also the people I saw on the day were-Bob and Vivian, Sherry Wheeler Wright, Darryl Wright. Lester Vickary, George Savva, Mike Steiner, Anna Churchill, Vance and Toni, Barry Larter, Bob Gunn of the Hucklebucks, John Knox, Roger,Graeme, Garth,Paul and mick from the Avengers, Rod and Gary from the Avengers, Barry Wirth from the Embers, Johnny Gray, Bobby Wilde,Jenny and her husband and Jim who has written a book about Cloudland. A Great job done by everyone on the day and I look forward to seeing it again next year. The Chelsea Set- We've Gotta Get Out Of This Place Honky Tonk Women Proud Mary Hoochie Coochie Chain of Fools I feel Good I Just Want To Make Love To You Bring It On Home To me In The Midnight Hour Treat Her Right Poor Man's Sons- Time Is Tight Black Is Black Route 66 Poison Ivy Just A Little Bit Lucille Roll Over Beethoven Guitar Boogie Boppin the Blues Drive Me Crazy the Wanderer When You Walk In the Room Johnny Be Goode Shake Rattle and Roll Kansas City Winkles- Guitar Boogie Sweet Home Chicago Multiplication You Got Me Running Rockin RObin Sleepwalkin Come On and Take My Hand She's My Baby Shout Blue Monday Good Luck Charm Just Can't Help Believing Honky Tonk Blue The Dominoes- Tequila Red River Rock Watermelon Man Whole Lotta Shakin/Your Mama Don't Dance/Nadine/At the Hop Stuck On You I Don't Know Why I Love You Peter Gunn Unchained My Heart The Avengers- When You Walk In the Room Happy Together Proud Mary Crazy Little Thing Called Love Big Girls Don't Cry/Walk Like A Man Take It Easy Young Girl Elenor I Heard It Through the Grapevine Maggie May Long Cool Woman In A Black Dress The Sonics with Johnny Gray- Dance On Shadoogie Foot Tapper Shindig Apache Atlantis The Savage Flingel Blunt Move It with Johnny Gray Please Don't Tease with Johnny Gray We Say Yeah with Johnny gray Walk Don't Run/Hawaii Five O Bombora Gingerbread- California Girls Memphis Tennessee Johnny be Goode Blueberry Hill Boney Moronie Pipeline Little Sister Wonder Of You I'm A Believer Daydream Believer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015