Dennis Locorriere show @ Kedron Wavell

On Saturday May 3rd I went to Kedron Wavell Services Club where I saw Dennis Locorriere former lead singer of American 70's group Dr Hook which it was my first time seeing him live. I caught the bus to Chermside from Cannon Hill and walked to Kedron Wavell. I went to the Cafe where I had Beef Nachos for dinner and a Chocolate Sundae for desert and went upstairs outside the Blue Pacific Room which I spoke with a lady who i had seen at gigs @ the club as well as Kevin and his wife Diane and also went inside which I took 2 photos and spoke with a lady and her husband on my table. Then 8.30pm Dennis Locorriere came on stage which he had just 3 acoustic guitars that was it and for more then 2 and a half hours Dennis performed many of the Dr Hook stuff as well as songs from his 2 solo albums as well as telling stories about his career as well as there was CD's and DVD on sale which during the interval I bought the live DVD and also everyone singing along to the songs. Left @ about 11.15pm as Dennis was finishing the show Sylvia's Mother and Dad was waiting for me outside so I could'nt stay for get a autograph and an photo but there is always next time. It was a FANTASTIC show and everyone had a great time including myself singing along to the songs that still endures to this day as well as it is still timeless and also Dennis still sounds great as well as playing great too and I hope he comes back again soon as he had not been here for 15 years. Set 1- Guess Again Everybody Loves Me Things I DOn't Say Sweetest of The Heart Turn ON The Heat Lazy Day Only Sixteen Sharing the Night Together Couple More Years Ballad Of Lucy Jordan Set 2- Unchained My heart Wild Colonial Boy When You're In Love With A Beautiful Woman This Guitar Ask Her Got So Much Money If Not You More Like The Movies I'm Gonna Love You A Little Bit More Shine Son Queen Of the Silver Dollar Cover Of the Rolling Stone Sylvia's Mother

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015