The Avengers @ Easts Leagues club

Last Friday October 17th I went to Easts Leagues Club to see Brisbane group the Avengers which it's my 3rd time this year and 21st time altogether. Dad dropped me off at the club which I had nachos for dinner drank Coke Zero and said hello to Graeme, Mick, Roger and Paul. The show started @ 7.30pm and for the next 4 hours the group did 4 sets of classic rock and pop songs by acts like The Beatles, Elvis Presley, The Eagles, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Cliff Richard, Roy Orbison, Rod Stewart, Buddy Holly and many others and there were some people who made request for some of the songs and also in the break before the last set I sat with some of the members in their area which had Roger and Paul's wives both named Laura which i had a conversation with them as well as Garth who told me how he joined the Avengers as well as Roger as well as an guy named Frank playing drums on 2 songs. The show finished at 11.30pm which I thanked the guys and Dad picked me to go home. It was an FANTASTIC show which everyone had a great time including myself and the group sounded great as well as playing great as always and the people I saw on the night were Lorraine and Lyn an friend from the rockabilly gigs. The Avengers will be back at Easts Leagues club on Sunday November 9th and to those who have not seen them go and see them which you will enjoy it. set 1- Chains I'll Get You I Could Easily Fall In Love With You/Do You Wanna Dance/Move It/Please Don't Tease When You Walk In the Room Proud Mary That'll Be the Day Singing the Blues Twist and Shout All Shook Up Rock Around the Clock Rave On Suspicious Minds The Twist/Let's Twist Again Brown Eyed Girl Fly Like A Bird The Wanderer/Ruby Baby Set 2- Happy Together Promised Land Do You Love Me Heartbeat/Runaway Crazy Little Thing Called Love Big girls Don't Cry/Walk Like A Man Young Girl Still Rock n Roll To me Pretty Woman I Heard It Through the Grapevine My Girl Set 3- When You Say Nothing At All Every Breath You Take Everybody's Talkin Nowhere Man Elenor Maggie May Handle With Care I saw Her Standing There Twistin By The Pool Set 4- Only The Lonely Sway I can See Clearly Now How Long Last Night Back In the USSR Mustang Sally Come Back Again 6 Days On the Road Stuck In the Middle Take It Easy Already Gone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015