Danny Mayers @ the Greenmount Stage

On Sunday morning June 10th I went to the Greenmount Stage where I saw Danny Mayers the former lead singer of the legendary Australian singer The Delltones with his band Yakaty Yak and it was my first time seeing him on his own as I had seen him with the Delltones from 2007-10 and also was going to see him at the Irish Club Saturday August 27th 2011 in the city but it was cancelled but I am glad that I had got the chance to see his show. The show started at 12.45pm with Danny coming on stage doing an FANTASTIC set doing the Delltones classics as well as doing stuff by the Beach Boys, Cliff Richard, The Easybeats, Sonia Da Da and many others as well as entertaining the crowd to sing along to the songs and backed up by great musicians including Rick Kent from the Vibrants an Australian 60's group and Andre Els on bass and in the audience was Woody Finlayson who played with the Delltones from 1984-2015. After the show finished saw Danny and Woody who I asked has the Delltones finished which he told me they have as he still keeps in touch with the drummer Merv but hasn't from pee wee for a while. It was an FANTASTIC show which Danny sounded and sang great and I enjoyed his show and also I look forward to see him again soon. Set List- Fun Fun Fun Higher and Higher Steamroller Blues The Wanderer Still The One Little Darlin Hangin Five That's Rock and Roll Come A Little Bit Closer Lover Lover You Don't Treat No Good No More It'll Be Me Do It Again St Louis Get A Job

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015