Lonnie Lee and the Leemen @ the Coolangatta Tweed Golf Club

On Friday June 8th I went to the Coolangatta Tweed Golf Club to see legendary Australian singer Lonnie Lee which it was my 11th time seeing him and it was the first of the 3 shows promoted by Matman Productions for that weekend. I went to the club with Mum, Dad and Heath as we had an buffet dinner there, went inside, drank Lemon and waited. The show started after 8.30pm with Lonnie Lee and the Leemen coming on stage which in the first they did an Elvis set as they did the 50's period from Sun to early RCA classics as well as telling stories about it and there was an interval which I bought the live CD as well as Suzanne(Lonnie's wife). In the second set Lonnie did his hits from the 50's and 60's as well as covers of rock, pop and country by Buddy Holly, Johnny Horton, The Platters which he did an great version of the Great Pretender, Sam Cooke, Marty Robbins and many others which some in medleys as well as telling stories about his career. The show finished about 10.50pm which he finished it with My Rockabilly Band and I bought another CD which Lonnie came out to sign stuff as well as getting photos as I got my CD's signed as well as getting an photo, Dad picked me up and went back to Bella Mare. It was an FANTASTIC show which everyone enjoyed themselves and Lonnie is still sounding and singing great at age 77 as well as entertaining the crowd to sing along to the songs as well as great back up by the Leemen with Leon Isackson on drums, Brian Dean on Guitar and Alan Freeman on bass. I always enjoy seeing Lonnie Lee as he is a true legend of Australian rock and always putting on FANTASTIC shows doing great stuff when rock and roll was starting out as well as the influences that were coming along and he does an great job doing that reminding music fans of an special time and I look forward to see Lonnie again soon which I hope he comes back to Cooly Rocks On next year as it will be 60 years next year since he came on the national music scene. If you have not seen Lonnie Lee live do yourselves an favour and SEE HIM which you won't be disappointed hearing great songs from an great era. Set 1- My Happiness Blue Moon Of Kentucky I Forgot To Forget To Remember So Glad You're Mine Trying To get To You There'll Be Peace In The Valley Lawdy Miss Clawdy I want You I Need You I Love You Love Me Tender/Flaming Star/Loving You A Fool Such As I Heartbreak Hotel Don't Be Cruel Are You Lonesome Tonight I Got Stung Big Hunk O Love Set 2- Hillbilly Rock Invisible Teens That'll Be The Day Starlight Starbright(1960) Mean Woman Blues Splish Splash Got A Dirty Feeling When The Bells Stop Ringing (1962) Defenceless(b side to I Found A New Love 1960) Six O'clock Rock Blueberry Hill The Great Pretender Walking In The Rain I Got A Woman Black Hills Of Dakota/Wayward Wind/Cool Water Mona Lisa/Venus/Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini/ Only Sixteen/Language Of Love/Story Of My Life Boney Moronie King Of The Road/You're the Reason/North To Alaska Ain't It So(1959) I Found A New Love(1960) Yes Indeed I Do(1960) My Rockabilly Band

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015