Slowhand Sultans @ Cleveland Sands Hotel

On Friday January 19th I went to the Cleveland Sands Hotel to see the local tribute show to both Eric clapton and Dire Straits called Slowhand Sultans which includes legendary Australian musician Tim Gaze who is based here in Brisbane and has played in Australian bands including Tamam Shud, Ariel, Kahvas Jute and Rose Tattoo which it was my 4th time seeing him live. I caught the bus from Carindale to Cleveland, went to the Sands Hotel, went to the bistro, rang Dad, ordered my meal and had an look at my mobile. Had perri Perri Chicken, rice and corn for dinner, drank Coke with No Sugar, ate chocolate brownie, paid my meal, use my mobile, waited and went inside, did writing , drank Coke with No Sugar and had an look at my autograph Book. The show started after 8.30pm with Slowhand Sultans coming on stage which they performed 2 sets doing classics by Eric Clapton and Dire Straits whch included Tears In Heaven, Layla, Lay Down Sally, Walk Of Life, Lady Writer, Twistin by The Pool, Money For Nothing as well as other songs including While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Crossroads, Before You Accuse Me and many others and there was an interval which I bought myself Pork Crackle and coke with no sugar and use my mobile and also everyone was enjoying themselves dancing and singing along to the songs. I left at 10.45pm before the show ended which Dad picked me up, stopped at Hungry Jacks, ate Fried Chicken Burger and Chips, drank Coke with No Sugar and came home. It was an FANTATSIC show which the band played great doing those great songs which has stood the test of time and still sounding great today and everyone enjoyed themselves which I had an great time too. I look forward to seeing the show live again and to those who have not seen it do yourselves an favour and SEE IT which you will be impressed and amazed, Set 1- After Midnight Lay Down Sally Down The Waterline Willie and the Hand Jive Walk of Life Tears In Heaven instrumental Lady Writer Strange Brew Tunnel Of Love Blue Power Set 2- Romeo and Juliet Crossroads While My Guitar Gently Weeps Twistin By the Pool Before You Accuse Me Wonderful Tonight Money For Nothing Layla I Shot the Sheriff

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015