Big Kitty and the Scaredy Cats




Last Sunday afternoon March 6th I went to see big Kitty and the Scaredy Cats at the Story Bridge Hotel in kangaroo Point and they were just FANTASTIC. It was my 3rd time seeing the group which the first was at the Cannon Hill Bowls Club with Corn Liquor on Saturday April 21st 2007 and the 2nd was at the Bleeding Heart in the city for the Rockabilly Relief Concert on February 25th this year. The band played great with Anna Eves on lead singer which she sang an mixture of originals and covers including Ruth Brown, Wanda Jackson, Ray Charles and others as well as jazz,blues and rockabilly and Rupert Jenner played excellent guitar and Matt played great bass. I only stayed for 3 sets as My dad had to pick me up @ 5.30pm but enjoyed the afternoon and i met 4 people that afternoon including Terry,Leigh and Brenda. I enjoyed seeing Anna and the band and I look forward to seeing them live in the future which they are just great live. i saw that afternoon my friends Kat creasey, her boyfriend Les and Haylee. if you want to know where they are playing go to bigkitty.com.au which I'm sure that you will enjoy this excellent group and you will be impressed by them as much as I do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015