Rockabilly Flood Relief concert






Last Friday Night February 25th I went to the Bleeding Heart gallery in the city on Ann Street and attended the rockabilly Flood Relief concert which was put together by Kat Creasey an young woman who runs My little Rockabilly . There was stalls and 3 bands playing on the night. The first band were the Vampers who I have seen live 3 times and were they were FANTASTIC which it was the drummer Cam's last gigs with them. There was an Burlesque dancing which 7 young ladies and it was very good but it was interesting. Saw an woman named Penny Cremin who I went to school @ Mt gravatt High School in 1996 and it was great to see her again as it was the first time i had seen her for nearly 15 years which I met some of her family that night as well her partner Gavin. The 2nd band on the night was Big Kitty and the Scaredy Cats which they were just fantastic and Kitty(Anna) sounded great as she had not performed for a while and I had not seen her live since Saturday April 21st 2007 at the cannon Hill bowls CLub and I actually did'nt know till last friday that penny and Anna are cousins which I was curious to know how they know each other. The 3rd and band for the night were The Sugar Shackers which they were FANTASTIC and Emma singing just as great as ever. I had an great night and the show was just GREAT anyway. On the night I saw Kat,Haylee,Les, Sheri,Walter and Chantelle and after the show Les and kat took me home which i really appreciate it. A big hand should go to Kat for putting this together and well done KAT.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015