Brandi and the Badcats





Last Saturday March 12th I went to see an rockabilly group called Brandi and the Badcats @ Carina Leagues Club and it was FANTASTIC. It's my 10th time seeing this group who were originally formed in Melbourne but have been based in Brisbane since 2005 and do gigs around the area as well as the gold and sunshine coast and also Brandi and the band does an Suzi Quatro tribute show as well which it's great as she does an excellent job doing the Suzi Quatro stuff. I saw first Brandi and the badcats @ the Night Owl Store during Wintersun on Sunday June 12th 2005 which I saw the first 20 minutes as I was on my way to see Aussie rocker Digger Revell and the last 15 minutes which they were great and i met Brandi after the show and the drummer had at the time was legendary rock drummer Harold Frith who was from one of the early Australian rock groups from Melbourne in the the 50's & early 60's The Thunderbirds known for the hits like Wild Weekend,New Orleans Beat and Machine Gun which I got an autograph and a photo which was an thrill. I enjoy seeing Brandi and the Badcats which they put on an great show doing an mixture of originals and covers including Wanda Jackson, Gene Vincent, Ruth Brown, Janis martin, Eddie Cochran and others. Brandi does an excellent bass playing and excellent singer and her husband Reno plays great guitar and sings really well and also they had diffrent drummers in all the times i've seen them at Carina Leagues club . After the show I always have an chat with them and outside the shows I have seen them twice which first was at Twin Towns on Saturday September 15th 2007 where I was seeing Suzi Quatro and then saw Reno @ St ANdrews War memorial Hospital on November 1st last year where he was delivering something to QCG and I was on the morning run when I saw him. If you want to see them live go and see them which they are just FANTASTIC and can really rock and get everyone dancing. They have my space and Facebook if you want to check where they are and also their website is brandiandthebadcats.com.au

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015