Old ROckers Annual Get Together show






on Sunday March 27th i went to the Riverside Reception in new Farm to see an show called Old Rockers Annual Get Together show which is the Brisbane rock'n'roll bands from the 60's and early 70's get together and perform for the special thing that raises money for the Queensland Institute of Medical research. the show on Sunday was my 2nd as my first was on April 6th 2008 and the show was just FANTASTIC and had an great time. The bands that were playing on the day were- Poor Man's Son, 6 O'Clock ROck band, the Dominoes an Brisbane band that was formed in 1962, the Beauman, this'n'That, the Avengers and Gingerbread and they all played great doing good old rock'n'roll music which many people were dancing and having an great time. I saw my Friend David who I meet at shows, Kay Howick from BAY FM 100.3, Glen who I knew from the Gym when Tuesday options went to the Gym in Stafford which he actually sang with Gingerbread as I had no idea that he sang till that day and Rex McNamara and also I met my facebook Friend Sue that afternoon finally. The highlights for me that day were meeting Jimmy Cerezo from the Blue Jays who backed up tony WOrsley and 2 members of one of the early rock'n'roll bands in Brisbane the Planets Brian Gagen the sax player and Steve Neale the pianist which it was an honor and a thrill and got autographs and photos with them. Had an raffle throughout the day and I had Lasagna salad and chips for lunch. i had an great time and enjoyed the show which i shall look forward to it next year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015