Catfish and the Dee jays




The 3rd show I saw @ the Outrigger Stage on Saturday was Catfish and the Dee Jays with Catfish Purser who played drums with johnny O'Keefe back in the 50's & early 60's in the Dee jays and played on many of Johnny O'Keefe's recordings like the Wild One(real Wild Child), Shout, So Tough, Sing and many others and plays around the Gold COast area with his Dee jays. the show I saw was just FANTASTIC as they did an set of great rock'n'roll stuff including stuff by Chuck berry, Buddy Holly,Eddie Cochran, Lloyd Price and of course Johnny O'Keefe and each member of the group doing lead vocals which it's great to see that and also everyone was having an great time dancing and singing along to those songs. It was my 3rd time seeing the band and the show was on for an about an hour which after the show said hello to Catfish and I was going to see him the next day for the Breakfast with the Stars @ Greenmount Surf Club.
Set List-
Roll Over Beethoven
Come On Everybody
Lawdy Miss Clawdy
I Saw her Standing There
Splish Splash
Little Jennie
Runaway
Before You Accuse Me
Don't Roll Those Bloodhound Eyes at me
Rave On/Maybe Baby/Peggy Sue
Irene Goodnight
Ole Time Rock'n'roll
come on & take my hand/shout/she's my Baby/See You Later Alligator

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015