Dooley Rocks Cooly @ Twin Towns








The last show I attended for Cooly Rocks On 2011 was the Dooley rocks Cooly show at twin Towns on Sunday night June 12th and it had 4 of the Wickety Wak guys Rob Rosenlund, Greg Doolan, Tony Jeffrey and Pahnie Jantzen and Greg's wife Laura Doolan. It was my 2nd time seeing the Wickety Wak guys as I saw them @ Wynnum manly Leagues Club on Friday October 10th 2008 and it was FANTASTIC. I left around 7pm to walk to twin Towns and went to the 5th Floor where I saw Judy my friend on Facebook and had seen me at Wynnum Manly leagues club and i bought an live DVD of Wickety Wak performing @ Twin towns in 2007. I went in the showroom and the place was packed which it sold out. The show started at 7.30pm with Rob,Greg,Tony,Pahnie and Laura coming out and for 2 hours did an great set of rock'n'roll songs performed by the Guys as well as excellent singing by Laura including an slower version of I Only Want to To Be with You which was impressive and Greg as Dooley was doing the radio announcing live and was telling about what was happening during an certain year. Pahnie did the twist and doing Louis Armstrong as well and each of the guys sang very well as well as the humour which was great as we know wickety Wak for. The show finished around 9.30pm and the guys had stuff on sale like Cd's by Greg,Tony and Rob and DVD's including the wickety wak show from 1987 as well as the 2007 show and also I got my DVD signed by the guys and an autograph by Laura as well as having photos with them. the show was FANTASTIC and great way to finish my week at Cooly Rocks On which i had an great time at the shows.
set List-
Get A Job/Rock'nRoll Is here To Stay/Jailhouse Rock/At the Hop/Rock Around the Clock/Lucille
Tennessee Waltz
Great Pretender
See you Later Alligator/Tutti Frutti
Love Is A Manly Splendour thing
Heartbreak Hotel
Long tall Sally
Singing The Blues
Pull the Twine(walk the Line)/Ring Of Fire
Blueberry Hill
Lost In The 50's
Great balls of Fire
That'll Be the day/Diana
You Send me
Little Darlin
Wanna go Home
Splish Splash
Stupid Cupid
Volare
Grease
Summer Nights
Sandy
Guitar Boogie
Personality
Three Bells
Running bear
Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini
I Only Want to be With you
Let's twist Again
Speedy Gonzalez
Things
Wipe Out
Hello Dolly
She's My baby/Shout
Sherry/Stay/Big Girls Don't Cry/bye bye Baby
Wild Bunch of Coconuts

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015