Remembering Aunty margaret





On Sunday July 10th 2011 my Aunty Margaret passed away unexceptedly from an heart attack at her home for 45 years in Carina aged 77 and it was a huge shock to my family which with the passing of Uncle John last year and Aunty Dawn in 1986 leaves my mother Cath as nana's only surviving child which i hope and pray that Mum will be around long enough for us to get into our mature age as well as my nieces and nephew to grow up. Aunty Margaret was my Nana's eldest child born in Rockhampton on April 18th 1934 to nana and Edward Sullivan (Nana's 1st husband) which ended an couple of years later due to complicated circumstances. Nana and Aunty margaret came to brisbane in about 1937 which they lived in Spring Hill with an family called Turner with nana's best friend Sarah Turner and her 5 children Yvonne,John and triplets Patty,Dawn and Mickey which the last 3 would be friends with Aunty Margaret for the rest of their lives as well as with mum,aunty Dawn and Uncle John. Nana married my grandfather peter Joseph Hagenbach in the late 30's and would have 3 more children Aunty Dawn Marie(September 29th 1940-November 24th 1986), Mum aka Catherine Ann(November 22nd 1944-)and Uncle John Trevor(may 10th 1946-September 1st 2010) and by the time Mum was 2 my grandparents split up. Aunty Margaret would married Uncle Eric Noon on March 8th 1952 @ Coorparoo Methodist Church which would last 51 years with 5 children Allan,Dayle,Gary,David and Mary and 2 grandchildren Caitlin(deceased) and lachlan July 23rd 2004.Her funeral was held @ Mt Thompson Crematioum on Wednesday July 20th which attended by family and friends besides from me,Mum,Dad and Heath as well as my cousins were Ruth Handsley Hind whose father was George handsley (Nana's Uncle) who is one of the remaining links to the handleys as well as Viki (Dawn Turner's daughter), the Noon relations including Bubby and Glen whose Mum has been friends with for nearly 60 years as well as Marian Minehan(Uncle Eric's surviving sibling) and her husband Ray as well as some of her children, Mavis Noon(john's wife) with 2 of her 3 daughters Val and Johnnie(Patty)and others. the service was conducted by an minister named Peter McCarthy, showed pictures of Aunty Margaret on the screen, had some bible passages from psalm 23, talking about the life of aunty Margaret and had music played like yesterday and Hallelujah . After the service spoke with some of the people and went to Carina Leagues Club where we had sandwiches and niblets and chatted with people including my cousins and friends. I said an speech remembering aunty Margaret and this is what I said-
Aunty Margaret was an sister to my Mum Cath, Aunty Dawn and Uncle John, an Mother to Allan,Dayle,Gary,David and Mary, an Grandmother To Caitlin and lachlan, an Aunty to myself, my brothers Danny and heath and sister Madonna as well as Aunty Dawn's childen Sharne,Steven,Keryn and Caroline, an great Aunty to tumoana,Ani and Te Paera as well as Aunty Dawn's 11 grandchildren, an cousin and an friend. I will always remember Aunty Margaret as a nice lady and in the years between 2003-10 I always looked forward to seeing her when we used to go to her place @ Carina for birthdays,Christmas and other things which I always enjoyed coming over. Aunty Margaret and I had an love for old movies which we would talk about them as well as old TV shows like Coronation Street,Eastenders,the Waltons and others. I wrote letters to her and rang her up from 1989-91 as well as sent her an wedding anniversary card that I made @ buranda Special School and also sent christmas cards as well for an number of years. i would always remember Aunty Margaret asking how was my work going as well as bowling and was proud of me of what I'm been doing particuarly with my work @ St Andrews War memorial Hospital. i remember coming to the house on Tuesday December 27th 1988 which i was there for an few hours as well as coming to her 60th birthday in April 1994 at mary's place in Carindale which i said an speech there as well as Her and Uncle Eric's 50th wedding anniversary in 2002 and also coming to the house on Monday January 2nd 1995. i always got birthday cards from Aunty Margaret with some money in it which was very nice. I am very glad that Aunty Margaret along with Mary,Lachlan,allan,Vince and David came to my joint 30th birthday party @ Norman park Bowls Club on Saturday September 20th 2008 and I was very happy that she came along with the others. it's sad that Aunty Margaret has passed on but let's not forget as long as we have the memories and the positive and happy thoughts of her she is alive in spirit in her family and her friends. i will miss you Aunty margaret and may god guide her children through this sad time. let's all be there for each other and help each other at this time.
Everyone there loved the speech including my cousins and 2 of them would like an copy of it. Sad day in one way but good in the other as I have not seen some of the people in a while and also 3 days went to my Aunty's house to celebrate Lachlan's 7th birthday which was an very nice day as we got talking.
RIP AUNTY MARGARET

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015