breakfast with the stars-Catfish Purser


On Sunday June 12th I went to the Greenmount Surf Club for the 3rd and last breakfast With the stars which this one had drummer of Johnny O'Keefe and the Dee Jays Catfish Purser. He and his partner kay were there along with one of the musicians who plays with Catfish in his band and said hello to him. Also there at the breakfast was my friends from the gigs Kevin and his wife Di and for breakfast i had the same hot meals as i had on Friday and saturday. I got an autograph and an photo with Catfish and I asked about the Delltones which he said he played on many of their hits like Get A Little Dirt On Your Hands,Hangin Five and others as well as groups like the Flanagans which he told me that he still keeps in touch with Margaret and also I remember Kevin asking about the noise on You hit the Wrong Note Billy Goat which Catfish told him about going to a farm and pulled the tail of goat. I thanked the staff for the Breakfast for the past few days and hope it gets better next year with no more muck ups.I loved the Breakfast with the Stars which i always enjoy hearing the stories and look forward to going to it again next year

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015