the sonics and the Chevrolets show @ Coolangatta Tweed Golf CLub






On Saturday night June 11th I went to the Coolangatta Tweed Golf CLub to see the sonics doing the shadows with Jim hansen doing Cliff Richard and the Chevrolets doing the British Invasion 60's music. Dad took me to The golf club as there was an problem as the bus did'nt at greenmount due to the road being blocked off and saw Marina(Matman's wife). The Sonics who are an Brisbane group have formed since 1961 and i have this band since 2007 at Wintersun and they are just Great doing the Shadows music so well. Jim hansen has been singing with them for about 3 years does an very good Cliff RIchard segment and their performance in their set which just FANTASTIC. There was an interval which I got an free poster and an live CD by the Chevrolets. In the 2nd set the Chevrolets came on which they did an FANTASTIC set doing the british 60's stuff which they did most of the same stuff I saw them doing on thursday but did an bit more different songs and it was great any way. at the end of the show the sonics joined the Chevrolets doing "Do you Wanna Dance" and the show was FANTASTIC altogether with 2 FANTASTIC bands. After the show got my CD's signed which I spoke to the Chevrolets guys and spoke with 2 of the sonics members Bob the bass player and Rob the drummer and eventually caught the bus back to bella Mare.
Set List-
The Sonics with Jim Hansen-
Move it
Please Don't Tease
the Young Ones
Summer Holiday
Constantly
bachelor Boy
the Sonics-
Dance on
Foot Tapper
Shadoogie
Theme For Young Lovers
Geronimo
Wonderful land
Apache
Jim Hansen
Angel
Living Doll
on the Beach

The Chevrolets-
I Like It
Pretend
Can't You Hear My Heartbeat
I'm Into Something Good
A World Without Love
Just one Look
Jennifer Eccles
He Ain't Heavy He's my brother
Needles and Pins
I Should Have Known Better
A hard Day's night
Love Me Do
The last time
Catch Us If You Can
Glad All Over
Have I The RIght
Ferry Cross the Mersey
You'll Never walk alone
Do you Wanna Dance (with the Sonics)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015