Cotton Keays and Morris Show @ Mt Gravatt Bowls CLub

On Friday May 18th I went to Mt Gravatt Bowls CLub to see Cotton Keays and Morris show which it was my 5th time seeing them.The show started at 8.20pm with just Jim Keays and Russell Morris coming on stage as they in the early minutes of the show that Daryl Cotton was not well which was the reason why he was not there and for the next 1 hour and 3o minutes Jim and Russell did many of their famous stuff like Jim's stuff with the Masters Apprentices as well as the title track from the 1975 album Boy From the Stars and Russell did his famous solo hits from the 60's & 70's and they did other people's songs as well. They had an funny and wicked sense of humor as well during the show as well as talking about Molly Meldrum too as they saw him recently and also had an great back up with had on Drums Jon Carson, Chris Alford on piano and on guitar the legendary Tim Gaze from Tamam Shud, Ariel,Kahavas Jute, the bushwackers and other bands. the show finished at 9.50pm which Jim and Russell had CD's on sale after the show I bought the double CD by Russell Morris which includes the album from 1971 Bloodstone and I met Tim Gaze after the show which i got an autographs &photos which was an honour and thrill. Jim and Russell came out which I got autographs and photos with them and I asked about the Go Show concert coming to Brisbane which he said it might be in September as well as the Gold Coast and Hobart as well as about the members of the group that will perform which are-Glenn Wheatley,Colin Burgess, Peter Tillbrook, Jim and Dave an young guitarist and also asked about the original line up that was formed in Adelaide in 1965 he said that they would not be able to do it and about Mick bower that he does'nt do shows but likes to play guitar and Jim still keeps in touch with him and when I asked Russell about the album he told me he is waiting for Ian Moss to add his guitar part so it could be mixed and ready to go. I saw my friend Leigh from the shows which I emt her Dad John and I saw some of the people from Lifestream like Kim Webb, Robyn, David and Leeanne. it was an FANTASTIC show which I had an great time and Jim and RUssell were just FANTASTIC which they pulled it off brilliantly. I look forward to see them with Daryl soon and to those who have not seen them go and see them which they put on an Great show that brings back memories for those who grew up in the 60's & 70's which it's well worth seeing. set list- Woodstock Hush Cancer Blues Rachel Living In A child's dream wings of an eagle Elevator Driver I Am The Walrus It's All Over Now Baby Blue Boy From the Stars Mr AMerica 5.10 Man Sweet Sweet Love The Last time Rockin in the free world
Undecided Because I Love You The Real Thing Turn Up your Radio

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015