Melbourne trip 2012-the Origins

2 weeks ago me and Mum went to Melbourne which it was the first time for me but for Mum it was the 3rd time as her first trip was in October 1964 where she went with Nana to visit my Aunty Dawn, her husband Allan Fraser and 4 children Sharne,Steven,Keryn and Caroline and Mum remembers that it was longest winter in 50 years as well as it rained a lot as well as seeing the movie The Great Escape @ the Air Force base and also Aunty Dawn had been living there since 1958 where she and allan were married that lasted until the late 60's as well as nana had been coming down to Melbourne in about 1960 with Uncle John and by herself in 1962. Mum went there for the 2nd time in 1987 when Keryn married her first husband Camillio as it was about 6 months after Aunty Dawn passed away from cancer. I had always wanted to come to Melbourne for years as I wanted to see my cousins but had seen 2 of them coming to Brisbane which the first one was when my cousin Steven came with his first wife Maureen when i was nearly 4 years old and what I remember about it is their caravan parked next door in Norman Park and the other thing was when we went over to Nana's place In Newmarket where we had an family photo taken. I remember my cousin Keryn coming up with Aunty Dawn when i was nearly 5 and what I remember of that is them staying with us and going up to Bribie Island for the day and also 20 years later in September 2003 when me and Mum saw Keryn again at South Bank with my other cousin allan and his then partner Ray and we met Keryn's 2nd husband Wayne and 4 children Matt,Scott,Jarrod and Nikita as well as her friend Kerry lyn which it was an great day. The turning point was when my cousin Keryn wanted Mum to come down to see the family in person as she is the remaining link to Aunty Dawn and i was planning to got there for my long service leave which I decided to go this year which i did that. I was so looking forward to it as I was going to see my cousins as well as meeting 2 of my other cousins Sharne and Caroline as I knew of them and seeing pictures of them but not in person as well as seeing my other second cousins and also had seen steven for 30 years but kept in touch through letters and phone calls. there were plans of we were going to do and where we were going to stay which was to stay my cousin Keryn's place in Werribee as well as my cousin Steven's in Laverton and going to place like the MCG tour, Werribee Zoo, Geelong and others. I took my long service leave on September 30th and will be back @ work on November 5th. the excitement was there for me and I know Mum was nervous of flying as she had not been on an plane since 1987. But come October 9th it finally happended for me and what an trip it was going to be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015