The Roy Orbison Tribute show @ Carina Leagues Club

On Saturday September 29th I went to Carina Leagues club to see Athol Matcham doing the Roy Orbison Tribute show which it was my 4th time seeing the show. the show started @ 8pm with the back up band doing set of classic rock and country songs like Crazy, Apache, Wipe Out, When Will I be Loved etc which it was great and that set lasted nearly 45 minutes until 8.43pm when there was an interval. then @ 9pm Athol MAtcham came on stage and for the next 2 hours did 2 sets doing the classic Roy ORbison stuff from the 50's with ooby Dooby, 60's and 80's including 2 of the Traveling Wilburys stuff and in the interval I bought an CD by Athol called Hello Again which has most of the Roy orbison stuff as well as other songs including an version of You'll Never Walk Alone. The show lasted until beofre 11pm which after the show Athol came out to sign the Cd which I got mine signed and got an photo with him. I saw my friend Maria and her husband Wayne at the show and the show was FANTASTIC which i had an great time seeing the show. Athol always puts on an FANTASTIC show doing the ROy orbison stuff which it still endures after all these years and to those who have not seen the show go and see it which it's FANTASTIC and I hope you will be impressed with the show. set List- the back up band- I'm A Believer Stuck in the Middle Crazy Apache Bad Moon Rising When Will I be Loved Heartbeat Then He Kissed me Build Me Up Buttercup Bring it On Home To Me Folsom Prison Blues waterloo Apache Athol matcham set 1- In Dreams Crying Lana Blue Angel Heartbreak Radio it's Over Blue Bayou Leah Love Hurts Only the Lonely Uptown California Blue Ride Away Memphis Tennessee You Got It set 2- Danny Boy I Drove All Night Handle With Care Candy Man Communication Breakdown Claudette Dream Baby Working For the Man Penny Arcade Ooby Dooby Mean Woman BLues End Of the Line Pretty Woman Running Scared

Comments

  1. Dear,
    I write from Milano Italy.
    I'm searching to buy Athol Matcham cd's but i never find they.
    Maybe You could help me?

    Waiting your kind reply...thank You very much.

    Best regards.

    Marco
    nda@fastwebnet.it

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015