Dale Watson show @ Morningside Services Club

ON Friday November 29th I went to the Morningside Services Club where I saw legendary American singer Dale Watson which was my first time. Dad took me to the club which I had steak,salad and chips for dinner and i bumped into 2 of my friends from Bowling as well as my eldest brother Danny. The show started @ 8.30pm with local group the Hi Boys which they did a excellent set doing original songs as well as some covers including Baby Let's Play HOuse and the played and sounded great which it was my second time them having seen them @ greazefest in August. There was a interval where there was CD's of dale Watson and T shirts as well and I bought Dale's new CD which I have not played it but will get round to it soon as well as seeing Dale signing a few autographs before the show started. Dale came on stage with his band the Lonestars which of one them comes from Lubbock Texas where Buddy Holly came from and they did a excellent set doing his own songs as well as some covers including a version of Fox On the Run a hit for british 60's group Manfred Mann in 1969 and sometimes in between songs would hold a drink in his hands which was good to see as well as people enjoying themselves and dancing. I left @ 11.30pm which Dad picked me up to go home as the show was about to finish. It was a excellent show which everyone had a great time including myself even though I can't dance at the moment due to my foot and I saw Tracey,Lorraine,Lori,Graham,Mike,Miranda,Teresa,Michael,Tony,Vicki and Tammy. I enjoyed the show and I hope Dale comes back to Australia again soon which to have not seen him go and see it which you will enjoy it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015