Mike Greer

In July this year Mike Greer founding member of popular local group Hi Way 1 passed away from Cancer aged 66 and I was shocked and sad as I did'nt know he was sick as well as I had not seen him since New Years Eve 2012 at Carina Leagues Club which I only found out the news of his passing on Matt Morrison's(Matman Promotion) Facebook page. I first saw hiWay 1 @ carina Leagues Club during the Easter Weekend on Saturday April 11th 2009 when they had Taylor Gibson as lead singer and they were doing the classic rock n roll stuff as well as bit of 70's stuff which she was really good and I would see them 2 more times with Taylor @ Carina Leagues Club on Friday May 8th 2009 and Friday August 21st 2009 as well as Wintersun on Sunday June 7th 2009 which they backed up Elvis tribute performer Gabe Phoenix as well as doing their own set and they were FANTASTIC everytime I saw them at those shows in 2009 which I always said hi to the guys in between breaks including Mike and Taylor which i bought a CD at the Carina Leagues show on May 8th. The next time I saw Hi Way 1 was on May 14th 2011 which they had a change of lead singer with Vanessa Lee Frost as well as changing of music as they were more party music of 70's and 80's music as well as some 60's and they were FANTASTIC too even with the change they were sounded great anyway and would see them 3 more times @ Carina Leagues Club on Saturday March 3rd 2012. Friday November 9th 2012 and New Years Eve 2012 when they were doing the Venus Experience as well as Hi Way 1 and at Morningside Services Club on Saturday February 4th 2012 as they were on the bill with the Beetles and I remember that night as I bought Vanessa a drink when she saw me on the floor and she asked me to get her a drink which I did. again in between breaks I say to the guys mainly Mike and Vanessa and I would have a conversation with Mike which he said that he always watch me what I'm doing on Facebook as well as my Ten Pin Bowling and he was a very nice man and a friendly one too which I miss him already which they will live on in my memory. The last time I saw Mike with Hi Way was at the Carina Leagues Club as I said early on New Years Eve last year and it was a FANTASTIC show as always which I bought a live CD they had just put out as well as Vanessa's solo CD and I sent him a email the next day thanking him for the show which he reply was "Thanks Mate Happy New Year will see U at our next gig down your way. Cheers Mike and HiWay1" which sadly I never got to see him again after that as he did not look sick that night when I saw him. I am glad to see that Hi Way 1 is going to continue and I'm sure Mike will be proud to see the group to continue on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015