The Seekers @ the Brisbane Convention Center

Last night I went to see legendary Australian singing group at the Brisbane Convention Center which it was my 2nd time seeing them as my first was @ QPAC concert Hall on Monday August 9th 1993 which I went with Mum as it was a early birthday present as well as being my very first pop concert I ever attended. I caught the train to South Brisbane which then Desley Garnett picked me up and dropped me and Anita off as Anita was going with me which Desley bought our tickets as well as me giving the $90.00 for it. I bought a Coke Zero and a Ice Cream, saw Darren J Ray and a lady name Del who does volunteer work at my work and went inside which we talked. The show started after 7pm with film clips of the group as well as tributes from Cliff Richard,Olivia Newton John and Andre Rieu and then the Seekers came out on stage which they started off with the title track of the 1966 album Come The Day and for the next 2 and a half hours they did many of their 60's hits as well as some album tracks as well as the Springfields song Silver Threads and Golden Needles as well as telling stories about their career as well as showing more clips of them back in the 60's which was great as well as a great sense of humor and during the interval I bought the program which Anita bought a CD,DVD and a Bag. The show finished after 9.30pm with the Carnival Is Over and Desley took me home which I had to ring Dad to let him know that i was getting a lift home as he was planning to pick me at the train station. It was a SENSATIONAL,EXCELLENT and a BRILLIANT show which the Seekers sounded just great as well as well as Judith Durham's great singing too after her health scare and the songs sounded great too with everyone singing along to those timeless classic songs which still endures to this day and also last night's show was the last for the Australian Dates which they are going to England to do a tour next year. I loved the show and i like to rate it equal this show equal first to that first time I saw the Seekers 20 years ago which i was so glad that to see it last night as I wanted to go any way. set 1- Come The Day (1966 album) I'll Never Find Another You(1965) A World Of Our Own(1965) Love Is Kind Love Is Wine(1967 album Seen In Green) The Water Is Wide When Will the Good Apples Fall(1967) Silver threads and Golden Needles The Olive Tree(Judith's solo hit 1967) Morningtown Ride Myra I Am Australian Set 2- Someday Oneday (1966) When The Stars Begin To Fall You're My Spirit Walk With Me(1966) Guardian Angel Guiding Light(1997 Future Road Album with Keith Potger on lead vocals) Louisana Man(1966 Come The Day album) Colours Of My Life(1967 Seen In Green album) Red Rubber Ball(1966 Come The Day album) Georgy Girl(1967) Keep A Dream In Your Pocket(1993) The Carnival Is Over(1965)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015