the shakin Quavers and Rock A Dees Show @ Morningside Services Club

On Saturday December 28th I went to Morningside Services Club to see Melbourne rockabilly group Rock A Dees with the Brisbane rockabilly group the Shakin Quavers as the support act. Dad took me to the club which I had steak,chips and salad for dinner, had a coke Zero to drink and went inside which I paid $ 25.00. The show started at about 8.10pm with the Shakin Quavers which has Jon, Rupert and Dean doing their set which they did a AWESOME set doing a mixture of original songs and covers and they played great with great guitar playing by Rupert, great bass playing by Jon which he sang a few leads and great drumming by Dean and there was a interval which I bought the Rock A Dees CD and there was other stuff on sale like t shirts, caps and stubby holders. Then the Rock A Dees came on stage which they did 2 sets doing a mixture of original songs and covers including stuff by jerry lee LEwis,Eddie Cochran, Johnny Kidd and the Pirates etc and during the interval I spoke with the bass player from ROck A Dees and also during the rock a dees second set when they were doing High School Confidential the bass player stood on the table playing the bass which it was AMAZING. I left at about 11.30pm which Dad picked me up and came home. It was a AWESOME show which everyone had a great time including myself even though I still can't dance at the moment due to my foot and the 2 bands were AWESOME and also I saw on the night Walter,sheri,Lorraine,Eileen,Lori,Tracey,Lawrie,Alan,Lyn,Karie,Jon,Kat,Matt,Kylie and Laura and met Del and Nina. the next show Lori will be running is @ Morningside is on March 16th 2014 when Deke Dickerson is playing there and I am looking forward to it. Set List- The Shakin Quavers- Cadillac Cruzin That's My Girl It's So hard Sweet little Boy Of Mine Blues Of Sorrows I want To Love You Cup of Coffee and a Cigarette 13 women Hands In My Pocket No Place To Go Let's Talk Rock n Roll Is going to Play All Night Everybody's Hero Honky Tonk End Tease Me Little Willy Train Keep A Rollin Boplena Rock A Dees- Set 1- Tonight's The Night Black Cat WOman I'm On Fire Creepers I Don't Like You No More Rock A Dees Stomp Summertime Blues train Kept A Rollin Cry Little Tears rock n rod Memphis Town Jeanie Jeanie Jeanie Please Don't Touch Set 2- Come On Everybody City BAy Blues Your True Love Framed memphis Tennessee Something Else High School Confidential Runaway Kid

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015