Hermans Hermits @ Kedron Wavell Services Club August 8th 2014

On Friday August 8th I went to Kedron Wavell Services Club to see legendary British 60's rock group Hermans Hermits which has original member and drummer Barry Whitwam and it is their 50th Anniversary tour as it is 50 years this year when they came on the music scene with I'm Into Something Good as well as it was 10th time seeing them. I caught the bus from Cannon Hill to Chermside which I walked to Kedron Wavell, had Nachos for dinner, ate Chocolate Sundae, went inside the Blue Pacific Room, use mobile, talk with some people who were on my table, ate chip and drank Coke Zero. Hermans Hermits with the current line up of Barry. Geoff Foot, Kevan Lingard and Paul Cornwell came on stage at about 8.30pm well dressed in suits and ties and for over the next 2 hours the group performed many of the Hermans Hermits hits as well as some classic rock n roll hits as well as Barry telling the story about how they met Elvis Presley in 1965 as well as the recording of Mrs Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter and as also the humor which was funny and great and also they had a CD on sale which I bought it during the interval as well. The show finished after 10.40pm which they group came out to sign the CD as well as other CD's as well as old records and I got my CD signed as well as getting a photo with them and also Dad picked me up to go home. It was an FANTASTIC show which everyone had a great time including myself as well as singing along to the songs and the group were FANTASTIC too which they sang great and played great too which they always get better and better every time I've Seen them. To those who have not seen the group GO and SEE THEM and you will enjoy it which I'm sure it will bring back the memories for the fans who grew up in the 60's as well as the fans who were not born in the 60's but who has a liking for the music you will enjoy the experience of seeing an true legendary British 60's group and also I look forward to see them again next year. Set 1- Wonderful World(1965) Can't You Hear My Heartbeat(1965) Love Potion Number 9 Silhouettes (1965) Mrs Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter(1965) A Must To Avoid(1966) Jezebel My Sentimental Friend(1969) Dandy(1966) Leaning On A Lampost(1966) Poetry In Motion/Oh Carol/Dream Lover/Diana/Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow I'm Into Something Good(1964) Set 2- You Won't Be Leaving(1966) Listen People(1966) Something Is Happening(1968) No Milk Today(1966) Sleepy Joe(1968)/Years May Come Years May Go(1970) Sunshine Girl(1968) That's Life Let There Be Drums Sea Cruise You Never Can Tell Great Balls Of Fire/Whole Lotta Shakin Goin On End OF the World I'm Into Something Good(1964) There's A Kind Of Hush(1967) I'm Henry the Eighth I Am(1965)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015