Stevie the Life and Music Of Stevie Wright and the Easybeats @ Kedron Wavell

On Saturday August 2nd I went to Kedron Wavell to see the musical Stevie the Life and Music of Stevie Wright and the Easybeats that starred Scott McRae which I had heard about it and was glad to see it coming to Brisbane and it was the first time I saw it. I caught the bus from Cannon Hill which Dad had driven me to the bus stop to Chermside, went to the Cafe where I met Gwen who is my Facebook friend as well as meeting Harvey from Red Pepper an brisbane group, Geoff and Tony, had Nachos for dinner, had Chocolate Sundae for desert, went upstairs where I spoke with a bloke who goes to the gigs there as well as seeing Robyn, went inside and spoke with Lorraine as well as meeting Maggie and Sue who went to the shows back in the 60's in Brisbane. The show started @ 8pm with Scott McRae coming on stage with his band which over for the nearly 3 hours he did the classic songs by the Easybeats as well as some of stevie Wright's solo songs and in between songs Scott would read the story about the history of Stevie Wright as well as the Easybeats as well as interviews with people like Tony Mitchell of Sherbet, Snowy Fleet of the Easybeats, Jon English, Kevin Borich and others and also when he did the songs there were clips of the songs shown on the screen which looked great. I left around 10.50pm which my sister picked me up to go which we stopped @ Hungry Jacks and Maccas. It was an AWESOME show which everyone had a great time included myself and Scott and the band were AWESOME also which they played great as well as Scott doing a great job doing this musical and also an great effort has been done by Chris Keeble who along with Scott has produced this show so well done. To those who have not seen this show GO and SEE It which you will love it as well as hearing the great songs and stories of a true legend of Australian rock n roll. Set 1- Evie(Part 1) For My Woman She's So Fine Step Back Friday on My Mind Heaven and Hell St Louis The Power and the Glory set 2- Guitar Band Black Eyed Bruiser Evie Part 2 Women Sorry Wedding Ring I'll Make You Happy Good Times Evie Part 3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015