Mental As Anything and Daryl Briathwaite show @ Kedron Wavell

Last night(August 15th) I went to Kedron Wavell to see Mental As Anything and Daryl Braithwaite with my friend Kristy and it was my 6th time seeing both Mentals AS Anything who I had not seen since Friday July 8th 2011 @ Kedron Wavell and Daryl which I only saw live last year @ Kedron Wavell on Friday September 6th last year. Kristy picked me up @ my home @ 7pm, got off @ Kedron Wavell, went inside the Blue Pacific Room, drank Coke Zero and talked. The show started @ 8pm with Peter Cupples coming on Stage which he did a few songs including 2 with his group in the 70's Stylus as it was my 3rd time seeing Peter live which I had not seen him since Thursday April 19th 2007 @ Mt Gravatt Bowls Club as he performed with Jon English that night and there was a interval which I spoke with my friend Therese. Mental As Anything then came on stage with the line up including original members Greedy Smith and Martin Plaza and also has guitarist Martin Cilla who is from the legendary Australian instrumental group the Atlantics and did an AWESOME set doing the classic Mentals hits as well as a few covers and also there was the humor too which was great as well as everyone enjoying the set. there was another interval which I went to the toilet and use mobile. Then Daryl Braithwaite come on stage which he did an AWESOME set doing his 80's solo hits as well as some Sherbet songs as well as a song from his CD that was out last year and also there was some humor as well as people singing along to the songs and enjoying themselves. the show finished after 11pm, spoke with Therese talking about a young woman named Yasmin who has cancer, saw Leigh and Kristy took me home. It was an AWESOME show which everyone had a great time including myself and the performers were AWESOME which they still sounded great and singing better than ever and also I also didn't get autographs and photos but oh well I will next time. To these have not seen Mental As Anything or Daryl Braithwaite GO and SEE THEM which you should enjoy the show and I'm sure it will bring back memories for those who grew up in the 70's and 80's as well as those who were born in that era but who has a liking for it will experience seeing 2 great icons of Australian music. Peter Cupples- Don't Make Promises Living in the WOrld Of Make Believe The Pioneers Isn't She Lovely Summer Breeze Mental As Anything- Too Many Times Berserk Warriors Date With Destiny Come Around Live It Up His Latest Flame If You Leave Me Can I Come Too Let's Go To Paradise Mr Natural The World Seems Difficult Mountain Of Love He's No Good For You Concrete and Clay Just Like Romeo and Juliet You're So Strong The Nips Are Getting Bigger Daryl Braithwaite- Tonight Beautiful Feeling All I Do Summer Love I Have The Skill Wishing Well As The Days Go By Rise All Day and All Of the Night Howzat Higher Than Hope One Summer The Horses

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015