Russell Morris @ Wynnum RSL Club

On Sunday April 19th I went to Wynnum RSL to see legendary Australian singer-songwriter Russell Morris and it was my 12th time seeing him live as it's 15 years this year when I saw Russell live. I caught the train from Cannon Hill to Wynnum Central, walk to Wynnum RSL, rang home, I ate chips,drank Coke Zero, went upstairs to the Main Room and saw an lady I knew from Angus and Robertson Bookworld @ Cannon Hill which we spoke for a while wqhich I met her sister. The show started @ 4.30pm with Russell Morris and his band coming on stage which he did the 1 set and for an hour and an half he performed songs from both Sharkmouth and Van Diemins Land albums as well as doing his classic hits from the 60's and 70's as well as telling stories about the inspirations behind the songs as well as having an great sense of humor. The show finished @ 6pm which he finished off with his version of the Beatles song Please Please Me and he did'nt have stuff on sale after the show as well as not doing autographs as he and the band had to get a plane at 7.15pm, I went down stairs which I had Roast Pork and Veges for dinner, ate bread roll, went to the train station as I was going to get the train home, rang Mum who told me that Dad was on his way to the club to pick me up, went back to the club, Dad picked me up and came home. It was an AWESOME show which everyone had a great time including myself and Russell Morris still sounding great and singing great as well as the backing band with Peter Robinson on guitar, Mitch Cairns who produced the 2 albums Sharkmouth and Van Diemins Land on bass and on drums John Creech who was from the original line up of the Mixtures and also Bluestone and also besides from the lady from Angus and Robertson Bookstore saw Leigh and her mum Jillane as well as the show was sold out which it's great to see as well as among the people in the audience were Wally Lewis and Ken Brown. I look forward to see Russell Morris again soon and to those who have not seen him but would like to see him do yourself a favour and do it which it's an experience as I'm sure it will bring back memories for those who grew up in the late 60's and early 70's as well as those who were not born in those eras but has an interest in those 2 eras it will be an experience seeing an true legend of Australian music. Set List- Van Diemen's Land Walk My Blues Away Les Darcy Bendigo Rock Bout TO Break Money Don't Grow Boom Boom Bang Sharkmouth Birdsvile Black Dog Blues The Real Thing Wings Of A Eagle it's All Over Now Baby Blue Hush Sweet Sweet Love Rachel Please Please Me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015