the Avengers @ Easts Leagues Club

Last Friday April 10th I went to see the legendary Brisbane group the Avengers which it was my 24th time seeing them as well as my second time this year. My Dad dropped at the club, went to the restaurant which I had steak, chips and salad for lunch, ate Chocolate Crunch and waited. The show started @ 7.30pm which for the next 4 hours they did 4 sets of classic rock and pop songs by people like the Beatles, the Beach Boys, Elvis Presley, Buddy Holly, Chuck Berry, Roy Orbison, Cliff Richard, The Four Seasons, Queen, The Eagles and many others and besides from seeing the guys which I said hello to them as well as having a conversation with Graeme,Garth and Mick as well as Laura(Paul's Wife) I saw Maggie and Lorraine who I know from the gigs and also Paul told some jokes in the last set too which was interesting. The show finished @ 11.30pm which I thanked the guys, Dad picked me up and came home. It was an FANTASTIC show which everyone had a great time including myself and the group played great and sounding great too. The Avengers will be back @ Easts Leagues Club on Friday May 15th and if you want to go and see them do yourself a favour and SEE THEM as they put on an FANTASTIC show which I'm sure you'll shall have a great time hearing great songs from a great era. Set 1- Heartbeat/Runaway I Could Easily Fall In Love With You/Do You Wanna Dance/Move it/Please Don't Tease That'll Be the Day Da Do Ron Ron I'm A Believer You never Can Tell Crazy Little Thing Called Love Big Girls Don't Cry/Walk Like A Man Johnny Be Goode Surfin USA/Surfin Safari Wipeout Still Rock n Roll To Me Young Girl My Girl Maggie May Do You Love Me Set 2- Brown Eyed Girl Fly Like A Bird Suspicious Minds Twistin By The Pool Pretty Woman Get Back Stuck In the Middle I hear You Knocking Long Cool Woman In A Black Dress Handle With Care Set 3- When You Say Nothing At All Only The Lonely Every breath You Take Nowhere Man Everybody's Talkin Sway Back In the USSR Come Back Again Take It Easy Last Night Itchycoo Park I Heard It through the Grapevine Elenor I'm Gonna Walk 500 Miles Set 4- When You Walk In the Room Proud Mary Singing the Blues Twist and Shout All Shook Up Rock Around the Clock Rave On How Long Don't Stop

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015