Digger Revell @ the Rainbow Bay Surf Club Saturday June 6th 2015

On Saturday afternoon June 6th I went to the Rainbow Bay Surf Club to see legendary Australian singer Digger Revell and it was my 12th time seeing him live. I walk to the Rainbow Bay Surf Club which I got there after 3pm, I signed it, drank Coke Zero and the back up band did an set which they performed a few songs including Bright Side of the Road, All Shook Up and Sweet Home Chicago. There was an interval which I ate an packet of chips, drank Coke Zero and saw Mick martin who plays guitar in the Smokin Crawdads as well as playing in the back up band for Digger Revell that afternoon. Digger Revell came on stage at about 4.25pm and I only stayed for the 1 set but he did an AWESOME set doing classic rock and country songs as well as one of his hits from the 60's and he walk through the audience shaking hands with them as well as standing on a chair during one of the songs and there was an interval which I spoke with a lady named Diane and had a conversation with Digger which I asked about who recorded Twilight Time first him or Billy Thorpe, getting royalties for My Little Rockers Turned Surfie, if the Denvermen and him would ever get back together and has he recorded anything as well as getting an photo with him. I left @ 5.50pm, rang Dad and walk back to Bella Mare as I had to get ready to go to see Roland Storm and Bryan Davies @ the South Tweed Sports Club. It was an AWESOME show which everyone enjoyed themselves including myself and Digger is still singing and sounding great as ever as he always puts on an AWESOME show as well as getting the crowds going and also I look forward to seeing Digger again soon as well as hopefully he'll perform @ Cooly Rocks On next year. To those who not seen Digger Revell live do yourself a favour and see him as you shall enjoy it as I'm sure it will bring back memories for those who grew up in the 60's as well as those who were not born back in the 60's but who has an interest in that era you will truly experience seeing an true Australian music legend. set list- Right Now Clap Your Hands Funny How Time Slips Away Mountain Of Love That'll Be the Day Peggy Sue Always On My Mind Let's Have A Party Be Bop A Lula/Rocky Road Blues The Gambler Stagger Lee Rockabilly Rebel Building Castles In The Air(Digger's hit 1963) Save The Last Dance For Me Shout

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015