Rosie and the Mighty Kings

On Friday afternoon June 5th I went to Twin Towns to see Rosie and the Mighty Kings an rockabilly group from Melbourne who does the old rock n roll songs and it was my first time seeing this group but I seen Rosie 10 months before as she was one of the background singers @ the Go Show Concert @ Jupiters on Saturday August 16th last year. I went to Twin Towns which before the show I had lunch at Flames as I had Pork Cutlets and veges, had an Coke Zero to drink, went to the Showroom and waited. The show started @ 12.30pm and for the next 3 hours they did 3 sets of classic rock n roll and rockabilly songs by acts like Elvis Presley, Buddy Holly, Stray Cats, Jerry lee Lewis, Chuck Berry, Carl Perkins, The Beatles, Wanda Jackson and many others as well as having CD's on sale which I bought one during the first interval and in the second interval I accidently bought 2 Crunch bars which I ate them. The show finished @ 3.30pm and I walk back to Bella Mare. It was an FANTASTIC show which everyone had a great time including myself and Rosie and the Mighty Kings which just FANTASTIC as well as playing great and sounding great as well as FANTASTIC singing by Rosie and also I hope she and the group come back to Coolangatta next year. Set 1- Great Balls Of Fire This Ole House Be With You Let's Have A Party Summertime Blues Route 66 Rockin Robin Teddy Bear Runaround Sue Baby Let's Play House Lucille I Fought The Law 6 Days On the Road Shake Rattle and Roll Set 2- Treat Her Right Oh Boy Satisfied Sweet Home Chicago Top Hep Cat Gotta Go It's All Over Now Stray Cat Strut Rock This Town Looking For Someone To Love Tainted Love Baby I Love Your Way Whole Lotta Shakin Crazy Little Thing Called Love Good Rockin Tonight Good Golly Miss Molly set 3- What I'd Say Hound Dog Tequila I Saw Her Standing There My Baby left Me/That's Alright Mama When I'm With You Everybody's Trying To Be My Baby What's Going On The Wanderer Honey Don't All Shook Up Johnny Be Goode/Wipe Out Rockabilly Rebel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015