Martin Cilia @ the Kirra Beach Stage Saturday June 6th 2015

On Saturday June 6th I went to the Kirra Beach Stage to see Australian guitarist Martin Cilia. I have seen him 4 times with the Atlantics and 2 times with Mental As Anything and it was the first time I have seen Martin with his own band . The show started after 1.20pm which he did just the one set and for the next 1 hour and 30 minutes doing his own compositions including Return of the Surf Guitar,Surfin Billy as well as classic instrumentals including Pipeline,Hawaii five O, Misirlou, Walk Don't Run as well as classic instrumentals like Apache and Albatross and some Atlantics stuff including Bombora, Flight Of The Surf Guitar, Big Swells, Saturday Night and Reef Break and the other musicians in the band were Lloyd on Drums,Jeanette on bass and James on guitar. The show finished beofre 2.50pm, I bought a CD as well as meeting Mandy Hall who is my Facebook friend as well as selling the CD's and I walked over to the Rainbow Bay Surf Club to see Digger Revell. It was an FANTASTIC show which everybody had a great time including myself and Martin and the band were just FANTASTIC as well as playing great as well and also I hope Martin comes back to Cooly Rocks On next year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015